pace rc100 finally finished.

pace

How's your cable guide dilemma going.

I would be interested in going in with you if you can get some made.

Need a toptubes worth.

Build looks as though its progressing well.

...just a thought on the seatpost

It is almost certainly a 27.0 size, while the frame is at Argos get them to ream the seatpost, I would guess it's been nipped up a bit when the smaller post was used and slow will have corrosion in there from when it stuck...just a thought, came to me on a 9 hour trans-atlantic flight :cry:

...watch the Suntour hubs, you will need a Suntour cassette to fit the freehub, they have a different locking outer cog to the Shimano ones

...and don't forget if you find some early Pace hubs ;) you will need a threaded freehub for those

...never easy is it :)

mounts

I may be able to sort your mount problem out, I bought a spare set of maguras for a pace a year back.

Could do a deal for them if you like.

How far have you got with cable guides.

Just in case you hadn't noticed... SJS Cycles have lots of Magura bits and bobs in stock. Also saw a more appropriate NOS front mech somewhere... can't remember . If it comes back to me I'll post.

Currently laid up post shoulder op, so apart from watching LOTR extended versions this rebuild is one of the most exciting things going on at the moment.
(I've also done lots of laundry, hell I've even been doing the ironing, cleaned the house from top to bottom; getting a bit OCD about it all to be honest. Bike Radar was down but is now back up - but then there isn't any racing going on apart from some cyclocross in Belgium; I've refurbed the vacuum cleaner, refurbed some 960 V brakes, sourced a spangly new Diamondback for first born's birthday .... can you tell I'm bored and would like to go out on my bike? crikey wouldn't mind going back to work)

i was looking for some early pace hubs, i have got some xc pro 32 hole ones now, but i think i'd like a set of pace hubbed wheels.

feeling a bit lost now waiting for the frame and bits to be painted,

thought i'd put a pic of my other bike.

its nice to have the best of both worlds, this was my first full susser and was almost responsible for me turning my back on the retro bike world, but i have seen the error of my ways.

Attachments

• IMG_4429.JPG
    IMG_4429.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 859

Latest posts

Back