Hope v2 moto squealing disc

hope you don't mind if i drag this up again.

My O2 has just started making a horrible noise when i pull on the lever...it's worse the harder I pull

contaminated pads?

Copaslip ;)

Not recommending its use,on the contrary,just letting folk know how to spell it.

take it back an tell them you want the job doing right
they may have routed your hoses but have created a whole load more work in the process

the fluid on the disc an parts will be contributing to the sqeeking
it need removing pads an disc off wash with parafin / brake cleaner

i ve used copper an also lithuim grease on the back of the pads all my hope brakes never had a problem you need to grease the back of the pad an also the edges( but only on the metal not the actually pad) this can make a big diffrence make sure every thing is clean before you start

If mine are contaminated, is there a way of cleaning them, or is it new pads?

I've heard of the lighter fluid technique, but i don't have any, nor copaslip..

If i have contamination on my pads i burn it off with my trusty blowlamp :cool: A quick rub on a bit of w&d and theyre as good as new :D

hmmm, no blow lamp here, but I'll dry some wet and dry on them, see what happens

thanks Andy :cool:

BobCatMax":1pwafo3l said:
hmmm, no blow lamp here, but I'll dry some wet and dry on them, see what happens

thanks Andy :cool:

DISCLAIMER-

I only prefer to burn off my own,i can't advise doing it yourself.
And wet and dry is only of use if youve used heat to burn off the solvent,pointless using it otherwise.

I do this aswell since reading it on here. Set of pliers and a gas hib will also do - make sure they glow then file off again.

cyfa2809":3gewi3z3 said:
I do this aswell since reading it on here. Set of pliers and a gas hib will also do - make sure they glow then file off again.

Trick it to burn off the solvent without applying too much heat to the backing plate.If you understand how the 'pad' fixes to the backing plate you'll understand why.
too much heat to the backing plate will cause it to expand and crack the fixing points.IMHO its unlikely to happpen as ive heated the damn things to near red hot without any issue of pad surface becoming detached,but just so its clear.

Back