Just picked up this one

cchris2lou":9jdr6vpz said:
the road bike looks new .

No, the roadbike not (, but the Verlicchi does ;))

The detailpics are of a pretty similar FullPro on German ebay recently. That one indeed looks new. Hadn't own pics at that moment. Looks very good though, for a 25 year old bike. Will give it a good cleaning and more correct bar tape and post it up here.

- Melvin

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It could very well be its being black is the reason why Koga chose for this groupset for the Ti. It sure looks sophisticated. Possibly same for the black, understated and neat Nitto components were it originally came equiped with.

On other hand I never understood why they put LX level components on this pretty expensive frame. Bike sold for 2000 euros complete, more than twice as much as an average LX bike back then.

Its US Miyata counterpart Elevation 8,000 came with XT.

Pic form the '93 catalogue:

93TiRunneractual600h.jpg

- Melvin

geez mel, you don't hang about!!

You must have a great wife :D

Miyata have realy passed me by too. If it wasn't for Greg, I would never have heard of them. But his bikes were super doopa. Never heard of Panasonic until this site either.

How many Miyatas do you have now? You should start a club/website or something.

gump":34hp4lif said:
geez mel, you don't hang about!!

You must have a great wife :D

No wife, but I always take good care for my bikes and my tools.

Miyata have realy passed me by too. If it wasn't for Greg, I would never have heard of them. But his bikes were super doopa. Never heard of Panasonic until this site either.

How many Miyatas do you have now? You should start a club/website or something.

Uhhmm :roll: , I think about 12. I already do have a website on Miyata, but the club would be a one man show I think. Miyata does have following among somewhat older cyclist who do remember the great tourers/randoneurs of the eighties. Maybe when many of you grow older you will start appreciating Miyatas too and I will start a club.

- Melvin

Latest posts

Back