A rare find? UK made...Zinn Z-Centaur 92

what a beautiful find, classy frame, love the shifter cable rollers must make for some smooth changing and most of all CAMPAG'!!!!

lucky chap, enjoy :D

A few updates

Made a few refreshments to the Zinn to try and make it has clean and authentic as possible. Pictures coming soon ;)

Re: A few updates

slimjoe":nvkq8na6 said:
Made a few refreshments to the Zinn to try and make it has clean and authentic as possible. Pictures coming soon ;)

Cant wait fella.... :cool:

how are you enjoying it...?

Forgive the potentially naive question... Zinn bikes - any connection to Leonard Zinn? (He of Zinn and the art of road/mountain bike maintenance, and builder of frames with Zinn written on them. But then he does live in the former colonnies...)

Nice bike btw

Zinn

Hey Sinnerman, when i first got the Zinn i rode it quite a bit then realised it deserved to be rode occasionally and pampered the rest of the time ;)

It rides really well..like a road bike on knobbies!

Ive managed to source out some NOS kit for it including a Rohloff SLT-99 chain and a set of Iccarus cables.

The tyres have been replaced with NOS Bajas and i also have just recieved a almost new Turbo Lite saddle.

Ive serviced all the bearings and replaced all the grubby bolts with stainless ones.

All i need to do now is get some piccies done ;)

Re: Zinn

slimjoe":2y4qkxk7 said:
Hey Sinnerman, when i first got the Zinn i rode it quite a bit then realised it deserved to be rode occasionally and pampered the rest of the time ;)

It rides really well..like a road bike on knobbies!

Ive managed to source out some NOS kit for it including a Rohloff SLT-99 chain and a set of Iccarus cables.

The tyres have been replaced with NOS Bajas and i also have just recieved a almost new Turbo Lite saddle.

Ive serviced all the bearings and replaced all the grubby bolts with stainless ones.

All i need to do now is get some piccies done ;)

HEY JOE,

I must agree totally, it really does have a road bike feel to it, low, light and very agile..., its the closest i have ridden to a road bike offroad, with out it being a cyclecross bike...(does that make any sense... :? )

I have ridden mine most days untill my daughter got poorly again, but its been a month at least since i have ridden mine, and to be truthful i am going to need a new rear block very soon, im quite heavyset, and the blocks defo on its way out..... :cry: i may well replace the chain on mine too, i still think its the o/e chain that was fitted since new, so it must be time.

I do clean my bikes down before hanging them back up after a ride, and it does worry me, that i might end up flying ass over tit, and scratching it (which would gut me) but i enjoy it too much for it to be hung up and not ridden.....but i do try to be very carefull not too take silly lines on the trail, when im rideing her.

I shall look forwrd to seeing your pics, with all the new goodies fitted, i bet shes looking sensational....!!!

(sorry for refering to the zinns as females, but it just seems proper somehow... :? :oops: :roll: )

al-onestare":e72pv1jj said:
legrandefromage":e72pv1jj said:
legrandefromage":e72pv1jj said:
I really like the contours of this frame. In fact I'd expect most Kona admirers would give this the thumbs up; sloping top tube, etc.

A proper nice find and some good education for those of us not familiar with the history of Zinn.

Sorry for the bluntness, but who cares what 'Kona owners' think!

These are extremely high quality frames, it would my Pioneer look like a Townsend.

If these were road bikes, it would be up there with the finest Hetchins or Colnago. Theres no Kona that would come close to the build quality. They are more works of art than humble mountain bike.

Nothing like a bit of bike snobbery eh? Jesus :roll:

Not all of us are blessed with oodles of cash and time to spend on super-rare machines.

I was merely pointing out some similarities in style, not in construction or quality.

<sighs>

I'm disapointed that you've taken my comments that way, again for about the 50th time, there is no bike snobbery or any reference to how much cash people have to buy bikes with. I even did a thread where I showed how easy it was to buy your way in to left-field brands for less than a Tesco bike.

I dont want to get into an argument (again) but....

Comparing this to 'Kona' is a little rude towards the frame builder, sloping top tubes have been around much longer than the Kona brand name. And, to be honest its like comparing a Ford Focus with say, a Morgan Aero 8...

I cant afford either, as it happens!

Re-read your initial comment:

but who cares what 'Kona owners' think!

It reads, "I couldn't give a shiny shit what a large population of this site think about this lovely bike". That in a nut-shell reads like bike snobbery.

If this is the 50th time you've had explain that's not what you meant then perhaps you might want to think before you type. Just a suggestion.

It is a cracking bike so let's not let this ^^^ get in the way of that.

Ha ha ha ha!! What a tosser I am!

But still, Kona??? No.

Zinn-off!!!

Back