Deal extreme/Ebay 900 lumen lights

Definately think they could do with diffusing a bit, as I think the beam is a bit too focused. Wonder what an orange peel reflector would do to help the situation? (I have no idea on he size I would need, as it looks pretty custom for the reflector!)

Just rode down from Dartmoor into Plympton in the freezing cold. In my opinion I think the magicshine's style are probably better than this 'assault' XML light due to there better spread of light. I'll have to borrow one to confirm that, but I think with it being lighter, and better spread overall it's a better light.

If you want it as a head torch then the XML is pretty good with a more focussed beam. Just my opinion, I don't do a lot of night riding!

Just received mine today, this one,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150626591516? ... 1423.l2649

Paid on Thurs 27th Oct, customs declaration dated Fri 28th, email Mon 31st to say it had been posted and got it today Tues 8th Nov. :D I've had items posted in UK by UK sellers take longer to arrive.

The pic in ad on eBay shows it has an OP reflector, which is what I wanted, and it has got one, was worried it would just be a generic photo they had used on eBay. It also has rear light like the ones you get with the original eBay LED lights.

So far impressed with how it looks, battery is on charge and as soon as it's dark I'll be running about like a loony in back garden to try it out.

It doesn't come in the fancy box as seen in some of ads, just the smallest box necessary.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Scougar":1g2ulja2 said:
Slightly confused.. is it not sealed on the sides?

Are you asking about the light in my link?

If you are, no it isn't sealed at sides. The reflector has an O-ring around the outer circumference at each end that seals the front around the lens and at the back against the mount for the LED. I will be changing these O-rings as one of them is a bit iffy.

Yes, the one in the link. It looks like it has vents on the side that you can see the interior parts of the light! Is this the case?

Scougar":2fu0ch99 said:
Yes, the one in the link. It looks like it has vents on the side that you can see the interior parts of the light! Is this the case?

What you are seeing through the vents is the outside of the reflector.
As I said the reflector has O-rings that seal it against the inside of the body of the light. When the bezel that holds the lens in is removed the reflector is still held in by the O-rings.

Numbskull alert :oops: mounted the light on the helmet and noticed that I hadn't been pushing the battery connector together properly, it does give a reassuring click. I only had it half in :oops: :oops:

Will report on helmet mounting trial, also got the battery on there.

Yup, did that the first time I connected battery, thought, this is crap, but then gave it another push and all OK.

You've got your battery on your helmet? Doesn't sound cumfy to me.
I was a miner for nearly 20 years and the less weight you carry on your head/helmet the better.

Back