2001 Kona Kilauea - JPS Special

coomber":i62g0c66 said:
So have you fitted the XTR cranks then chap

not yet... need to take delivery of the bottom bracket this week hopefully, then dig out my large (48?) middleburn ring from the garage

once thats done, i'll be finished i think.

THEN, I will strip it all down, get the frame ready for fresh powdercoat at work, and get some new transfers made up as well hopefully (we make all manner of signs, stickers, lables etc, so should be relatively simple as long as we have the right material to print onto... ie thin enough). A good qulity digital image should be enough to make prints from

when its built back up, i'll fit new XTR cable outers, and new bar tape (yes, I have a fetish for road type bar tape on my bike)

Matching cassette and rear mech to arrive this week, so then all that's left is to source a rear brake and front mech, then, strip, powder coat at work and reprint the graphics. Going to see what the most suitable medium is for those, either fine enough to matte clear coat over, or solid colour and use a regular sticker

G

XTR M950 Cassette fitted thanks to Trek Y... Cheers buddy :cool:

Sourced another M952 rear Mech from ebay. Paid a little more than I hoped tho. Put a bid in 5 days to go, and i got pushed nearly all the way, but my bid held. When it arrived, it was virtually unused, so cant really complain.

Not running a front mech at the moment, as I need a new cable, and to sort out a better cable stop. Ultimately i'll run a proper downpull XTR one, but in the mean time, i'll fit the bottom pull XT M739 bottom pull that Ive run for ages

I'll get some pics set up later today

Off for a test ride now, and clean the bath before the wife comes home (anyone else clean their bike in the bath? :LOL: )

G

Nice work, looking forward to seeing the fully finished bike :cool:

(anyone else clean their bike in the bath?)

Maaaybeee :oops: ... I do get shouted at for it and Mrs Bob made me go a buy a couple of them rubber bath mat things so I don't keep marking the tub :LOL:

she's pretty much finished, bar the front mech, and rear brake, and maybe some levers if I find some, but thats only a maybe... i like the Avid 1.9s ive run for the past 10 years

We have a powder coat at work, and as a sign manufacturer (we do all Evans Cycles illuminated shop signs, among others :cool: ) we do digital printing, so can make me some new graphics. I will strip the paint and get it powder coated, and some new graphs made up, but this will only be standard.... new and fresh

G

Back