1992 Sbike 728 - FINISHED : pics p.5

964boy":1s6sezqu said:
Good news, it was time that you resume the good way. :D

Good luck and give us news faster. :cool: ;)

The 503 is a good way too. It may be an entry-level steel bike, but it too has that Sbike DNA. Ridiculously fast and very nervous.

As for faster updates, I'd love to.
Maybe once the big expenses are done. The hubs, paintjob, fork customization and groupset will take a while, but once I have those sorted out I can start to build it.
The frame has been on my sofa for more than 2 months now, and to be honest that's getting on my nerves. Can't wait until it's standing on its wheels.

Yea I know the feeling , I have the same with the andreas Boy’s.
One running (but not fully finished) one on wheels and the DHS is frame, forks and a crank.
I have 2 boys 7 and 10 and they will soon be wanting a ride.

Managed to score a 2007-ish RS Reba Team fork. The fork had an overhaul last year, but It'll get another one anyway. I plan on taking it apart and repainting it to suit the frame (which will be white).

Due to the Reba's air pressure system, I was able to play around a bit with it and lower it to the 50mm of travel I wanted.

The geometry and appearance were checked and approved by my personal quality control team.

Attachments

• reba_4.jpg
    reba_4.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 185
sbike

sent it over to Holland please..... ;)
I`ll finish it with a nice noleen carbonfrontsus and some nice spengle wheels..... :cool:

I just took delivery of a set of new T780 Shimano XT hubs today. While they may not be top-spec, they're the best modern non-disc hubs I found.
Sure, there's CK and hope, but those all make such a horrid sound that I'm not even considering them.

Normally I could start building the wheels, but I ran into a bit of an issue. My rims are 39mm wide, but the HS33 Maguras will only allow for 34mm when mounted.

There are 4 solutions to this.
1 ) ditch the Maguras and go for Vee brakes.
2 ) tear down the Maguras and design completely new mounts to get enough clearance for the rims.
3 ) ditch the rims in favour of some -34mm ones.
4 ) shave 3mm off of each brake pad.

Options 1 and 4 are out of the question. I'm not putting different brakes on this bike, and don't plan on changing brake pads after every ride.
Option 2 is so difficult it borders on being impossible.

So that leaves me with option 3. I'm not happy right now, but I guess I'll need to buy yet another set of rims.

To make matters worse my Google search on custom mounts just revealed that there is a limited edition all-white HS33 set as well. That would suit it better than this grey/white set.
Guess I'll need to throw some more money at it, and I'm already in the 4-digit range.

I have had the same issue with maguras - hardly any rim clearance

I haven't got a pic but it seems to me that some magura mounts are non symetrical comparedto the pivot center

unlike yours which seem perfectly symetrical

so you can actually cheat and reverse them to allow for greater clearance ,
mine were HS33 tomac

it may be a direction to look into ?

edit
found a pic

see what I mean ? ;)
seem you can win a couple of millimeters - may be enough if yours wheels are perfectly true :idea:

shimano_pd_m737_pedals_and_magura_hs_33_front_2911.jpg

Back