The user known as Barman1

Step forward another victim. £90 for the xtr m960 chainset and v brakes. Ive been I'm touch with him over email and was getting a response until Tuesday when it all dried up. I've got so used to dealing with the honest folk here on rb, I forgot to check out this users profile and pay accordingly.

My last email gave him until 17:00 today to get in touch and explain himself and/or refund me or the police will be informed, and they will be. The great thing is that he used his iPhone to respond to emails, which can easily be traced, as I'm sure are the withdraws from paypal into a bank account.

Whilst losing the money sucks, its more about preventing others from falling foul of this absolute scumbag, and the hope he gets what's coming to him in spades.

dirtydozen":2q4uzwpe said:
i got a refund off his other username(same paypal spencer sent to) as i sent money for goods and paid fees.
If u have to send gift then link a credit card to your paypal and send off that. Then if anything goes wrong u stil have a chance of doin a charge back

You never have to send as a gift. It is purely up to the person paying.
If the seller is expecting £40 then adjust you payment to take the fee into account using the very helpful sites on the web that will work it out for you.

Doubly true if you're paying the fees anyway when sending as a gift.

People just need to use the feeback system more. I always give someone feedback if I sell or buy and it is painless.

Most of the time you don't get it back, possibly due to people not knowing about it.

Tazio":2blkbban said:
People just need to use the feeback system more. I always give someone feedback if I sell or buy and it is painless.

Most of the time you don't get it back, possibly due to people not knowing about it.

Agree But Sithlord had good feed back

Why not have it so as you have to get, maybe ten, positive feedback before you can accept PP gift otherwise you have to take the hit on paying the charges for the transaction not the buyer asa show of your good intentions

I'm owed £50. (John's message got to me a day late. Bummer)

Ciara Coyle of Derry is a chick on facebook. So maybe we can add identity theft to the list too.
I've got 2 email addresses, an iphone email and steam coming out my ears. :evil:
Tempted to get the police involved also.

I will be contacting the police tomorrow. They should be able to trace hum via all number of methods, including log files from this very site, identifying him via his ip. Unless he was using a cloned phone too he won't be too hard to trace. With the right info could probably do it myself, but would no doubt breach privacy laws, so best left to the boys in blue. I've a family friend in the cid fraud unit, so that might help things along.

Back