LX 9 speed shifter issues

trxrincon

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Right my problem is, shifting from top gear back to bottom the lever works fine from about 9th cog through to the 5th cog then there is nothing the lever pushes all the way in without shifting and the nice healthy clicks you get each shift seem to have gone too. What is the problem? The gear cable, or is the shifter fooked, kinda happens on the front shifter too from middle to big ring? I hope this makes sence, please help. The bike has been parked up for about 4 years the previous owner said, so might just need a bloody good service too. cheers Rob :cool: :cool:

get the casing unscrewed off the bottom of the shifters, blast it through with 3in1 or GT85 and just go through the gears.
will be easier to do this with the shifter off the handlebars but with the cable still attached so you can provide some resistance when changing up through the gears (hold the gear cable so that your hand is doing what the rear mech would)
are these the M570 shifters?
if its been sat for 4 years the grease has probably dried out.
sounds fixable to me :)

hmm sounds interesting! Yes Martin they are te m570 shifters, might go have a quick look now. thanks for the reply! :cool: :cool:

ok I've been and done that and I've got the nice clicks back throught the range but I've messed the gearing up haha, nevermind I'm crap at cabling bikes up anyhow! Off to the LBS soon then!

Latest posts

Back