The user known as Barman1

Hey folks, people who got ripped should contact the police. if anybody needs any information from me i will be glad to help.

At the end of the day if you dont pay the guy a gift you get a refund, he's just a thief and should be delt with.

thanks

dirtydozen & Rob Thanks for the kind offers. But i will put this whole thing down a a steep learning curve and a bad experience.

I will never pay anything paypal as a gift again.

And will pursue legal options

I dont think gifting is such a problem with the more established members on here. How about installing a 10 post min requirement before you can post in the sales sections? Might put off a few scammers.

Righty ho, I'd agree this doesn't look too good. I would ask we stand down the possee for the moment though. Can we also keep all posts on this thread factual, i.e. he/she owes me xyz or I know who he/she is.

If barman1 / greyhoundpub / greyhoundpub1 want to contact me in order to straighten this mess out please use the contact form > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/contact/ . Your accounts are banned.

Will collate a list of those affected. Please indicated what you're owed, how much, how you paid and whether you got any kind of refund.

To address a couple of points
-We recommend users do not use paypal gift in our rules and guidance. It can be a risk as this examples shows plus it is against paypal's t&c. However we will not make it a rule - users need to take some responsibility and be aware of their own actions.
-We will not block classified access based on post count. This has been discussed to death elsewhere.

John":38h0nd5i said:
Can we also keep all posts on this thread factual, i.e. he/she owes me xyz or I know who he/she is.

Labman":38h0nd5i said:
noobs should be locked from the sales section, :D

As per my previous post please keep things on topic.

Define 'noob'? I've used other forums where users with under 150 posts aren't allowed to use the classified section. If you want to discuss this please setup a seperate thread.

Sorry Guv, i know you want to keep this thread factual, but I would like to add my thoughts. Please delete if ness.

Lets not get too crazy here. Considering there are thousands of transactions made on this site every month without any problems whatsoever, i don't feel there is any need to take draconian measures. On the rare occasion that something does go wrong, then the site owner and its moderators do everything within their powers to resolve the matter. Why should we ask for more?

Placing restrictions on newbies is futile. They can soon run up a few dozen posts within 20 minutes to overcome any restriction. And anyway, there are examples where well established members have taken money and gone native.

On the whole, Retrobike is still one of the safest places to do business. Use your noggin, if it looks fishy don't buy- Simple. Take a little responsibility for your actions. But please don't let the actions of a few bad apples cloud your judgement.

Si

Back