cycling backpacks

amt27

Retro Guru
Hi,

can any of you guys recommend a decent backpack?

it needs to:
1. have a padded compartment for a 15'' laptop (i dont mind going for a non padded compartment as long as the cost is lower, so I can buy a padded laptop sleeve)
2. be cycling friendly (not roll around on my back, hit my head, etc)
3. hold some documents (lets say 1 full A4 binder, 1 A4 notepad and a book)
4. hold some clothes (jeans, t-shirt and shoes),
5. £60 max

its basically for cycle commuting to uni, but also cycling day trips,

I have found the Pakuma K3 36L but have read poor reviews on distribution of space,

thanks

I use a North Face something-or-other Hydration Pack as my larger cycling pack (I also have a smaller Karrimor).

With the Hydration pack removed you get 3 compartments. I'd say one of the larger volume bags could fit a laptop and an A4 folder (not a large ringbinder though), and still have room for your keys, phone and wallet.

They sell 'em in Blacks.

You're gonna have to go and look for yourself to truly know if any bag fits your needs, but i can defo vouch for the quality of the north face bags (although the bladder is pony - i use my Camelback bladder instead).

I got a backpack from the local co-op filling station, £4.99 it was......

Even though it was cheap, in comparison to a karrimor or north face, it's

Bloody Rubbish!!!

I'd go with TallPaul- go and try some in the Flesh, as it were.........

I got a Deuter backpack about 4 years ago with a shaped / framed mesh bit that keeps the actual pack of your back, greatly reducing the sweaty back factor when carrying a bag. I still use it every day, although mainly walking not cycling, but have taken it on all kinds of riding / running expeditions and love it.

Definitely money well spent at around £30 I think

Until a friend came back from China, with an EXACT copy that cost him a fiver! I think his has worn out now, but there you go

I use a North Face Messenger bag like this one.....

106096l.jpg

Huge, my 17" laptop rattles around in it. Handy waist strap too to hold it secure if you're not used to Courier bags. :cool:

cheers guys, great help,

those ergon packs look great, but 15L capacity is a bit small,

didn't think of messenger bag before, will have a look at those too,

i use a boblbee bag totally waterproof an fits a 15" laptop no probs also offers it brilliant protection, very comfy and cool in the summer as has a webbing back peice not cheap but nwither was your laptop! see: http://www.boblbee.com/

Back