2009 Orange Prestige build (neo-retro)

Reposter

Dirt Disciple
Hopefully having this up here will motivate me to finish it.

2009 Orange re-issue Prestige with RC31 fork (440mm), Chris King h'set and BB, with Middleburn X-type crankset. Saddle is a Charge Spoon in black/orange, and the s'post is a random carbon jobbie, eventually to be replaced by something nice.

Only really need handlebar, wheel skewers, and the rest of the drivetrain before she's done. It'll be 1x9, with a Uno ring/spider up front, and possibly a road mech/cassette at the back.

Brakes are an old set of C2s, just waiting on a seal kit and new pads. May go braided hoses, too.

The wheels in the pictures will have nothing to do with the finished bike - purely for the mock up. Actual wheelset is rather interesting. On our local classifieds website (gumtree), I found a NOS set of carbon Suzue hubs laced to Tioga rims for the princely sum of $100. They're not an ideal match to the rest of the build, but the hubs are all sealed-bearing and super smooth, and I can't argue with the price.

The whole thing is a bit of a hodge podge of old and new bits, cheap and expensive, but I'm confident the finished product will ride nicely. Thanks to the RB members who provided components, everyone on here has been great to deal with. :cool:

Back