1993 Cannondale R700

Brettels

Retro Guru
Latest addition to the Road bike family....

Cannondale R700 - 1993

Frame Construction Welded aluminum
Frame Tubing Material Cannondale 2.8 Series aluminum
Fork Brand & Model Cannondale Sub-One aluminum

Brakeset Shimano 105SC brakes, levers
Shift Levers Shimano 105SC
Front Derailleur Shimano 105SC
Rear Derailleur Shimano 105SC
Crankset Shimano 105SC, 44/56 teeth
Pedals Shimano PD

Rear Cogs 7-speed, 12 - 25 teeth
Chain Shimano Hyperglide
Seatpost Generic
Saddle Coda
Handlebar Generic
Handlebar Stem TIG CroMo

Hubs X-Treme
Rims Sun Metal M14A - 650c
Tires Continental Grand Prix

Attachments

• 100_0027-1.JPG
    100_0027-1.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 9,566
  • 100_0025-1.JPG
    100_0025-1.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 9,569
  • 100_0024-1.JPG
    100_0024-1.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 9,566
That looks fast just standing still. Are you going to keep its triathlon set-up or put some road bars on?

Those rear drop-outs extending past the bottom of the seat-stays always take me back... :D

Cannondale

Yep, it does look fast, especially with those 650c wheels....

No really a triathlon rider so I am thing of keeping the bullhorn bars but putting down tube shifters.....not to sure yet......

I also have some road bars and sti levers as well, so might go that way as well.....

I thought those wheels looked small! Looks great at any rate. The French frame builder François Kerautret (his company is FKC Concept) makes some tasty bikes with 650C wheels, reckons it's the future.

Not as tasty as your avatar though. I hope you've won a prize or something for that.

I always wanted one of these BITD, it was there Time Trial Triathalon frame, I think the geomatary is designed for riding on the areo bars and is a little steeper than on the normaol road frame.

Cannondale

Yes, it is designed with that setup with the angles for riding on the aero bars....so how it will go converted to normal drop bars I don't know....

The 650c wheels are suppose to fast at acceleration etc.....

Havent taken it out yet.....will see how it rides.....

Cannondale R700

So have changed the whole handlebar setup to the standard drop bars....

Also changed the shifters to downtube 105 and the pedals to Shimano Look compatible....black seatpost and black stem.....

Attachments

• Cannondale R700.jpg
    Cannondale R700.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 9,185
The bike is looking really good, drop bars look fine. I am rebuilding a Cannondale myself at the moment, just hope it will look as good as yours. Have you ridden it yet?

Cannondale R700

No, haven't had a chance to ride it yet....and I like the look much better with the drop bars......can always but the profiles back on.....

Here is some much better images.....

Attachments

• R700 2.jpg
    R700 2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 9,103
  • R700.jpg
    R700.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 9,101
Back