Dario Pegoretti

WG,

Theere is quite a bit of discussion about Pegoretti bikes on various US forums, particularly the Serotta Forum, with a far greater frequency of second hand ads than you'll find in the UK. While you do have shipping and poss import duty to consider, it'll give you a better feel for used prices and give you a good chance of finding one in your size.
Geometry table can be found at -
http://www.mosquito-bikes.co.uk/htdocs/ ... name=bikes
Competitive cyclist market them and have a chunk of info, too.

The issues I faced with sizing related to the length of the head tube - they tend to be longer compared to the top tube, than most makers. I had to look for a low stack height headset and a 73 deg stem to get my bars low enough. Essentially, DP produces a sort of Freuler design, with a dropped top tube. The head tube extension can be cut back if necessary (not that I'd take a hacksaw to a Peg, but would trust a decent bike shop or frame builder to do so).

Good luck,

David

Hi David - that's why I love this site, thanks for the info, much appreciated. Actually, I have been trawling the web for a while and it would seem that they are much more lusted after in the US than here - a bit like me wanting a Klein Quantum Pro. You always want what you can't have - or at least what's that much more difficult to get hold off. From my research it seems that second hand US prices would be about 50% more than in Europe, so I'm trying to gauge what people here would consider a fair price for a second hand frame? As usual so many factors to take into consideration that it would be the proverbial length x piece of string?

I haven't seen many for sale in the UK. The limited number of transactions therefore makes it very difficult to identify a 'typical' value.

I bought a frame, (with Ouzo Pro fork and WR seatpost) never been built up, from a chap who had two other Pegs. I paid £700 when the list price (Marcelo) was around £1,500.
I have seen an ad in the UK in the past couple of weeks and the seller is asking close to the RRP. (He cites the lengthy waiting list and the barely used condition as reasonable arguments for the price level).

Have you narrowed down the size, yet?

Keep us informed of your progress,

David

Back