Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

letmetalktomark":1lwwkxh7 said:
DuncanW":1lwwkxh7 said:
Looks nice, can you tell me the length of the forks and the travel amount on the suspension please.

These are a whopping 65mm travel. Length AtoC is circa 450mm

Edit: Plenty of info in the link in my signature :cool:

Mark,

Where did you get your replacement decals from and how much did they cost? Just repainting my Z2's in a better colour and need to source some.

Carl.

I mocked them up and Gil re drew them for me.

A fine job he did too.

Gil should have them on file but if you have any problems let me know.

Mark

letmetalktomark":34h4a8ks said:
DuncanW":34h4a8ks said:
Looks nice, can you tell me the length of the forks and the travel amount on the suspension please.

Awesome! Thanks for the help. No wonder the 380mm Project 2's I have feel a little short! haha

I'm not too clued up on Sus travel etc. Would 100mm Sus forks work on this you think or should I find some 65mm's ?

DuncanW":1cppuu6i said:
letmetalktomark":1cppuu6i said:
DuncanW":1cppuu6i said:

Awesome! Thanks for the help. No wonder the 380mm Project 2's I have feel a little short! haha

I'm not too clued up on Sus travel etc. Would 100mm Sus forks work on this you think or should I find some 65mm's ?

Personally 100mm would make the front end too tall on this frame. I would happily ride mine with 80mm forks.

To be honest the bomber forks ^^ whilst slightly limited in adjustment are brilliant. easy to come by too.

M

letmetalktomark":t5xx1tv9 said:
Personally 100mm would make the front end too tall on this frame. I would happily ride mine with 80mm forks.

To be honest the bomber forks ^^ whilst slightly limited in adjustment are brilliant. easy to come by too.

M

Thanks dude. Much appreciated.

Here's my Explorer. Took a while to get the seat post out! :x Wish it was a bit smaller...

Attachments

• small 111020111565.jpg
    small 111020111565.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,700
No idea what year this is, but it is a Muddy Fox Streetfinder that I found in a trash pile on a street corner. Frame is a little rusty, but in decent enough shape to rebuild as a beater. Any one know how to date the frame from serial number? Not really important I know the year, just curious.

011_G_001.sized.jpg

Muddy Fox - Roadrunner - just been given to me!

Hi, I'm new to the forum and biking too, but am really glad I found it, cheers!

I was having a drink with a neighbour on New Year's day and he mentioned he was throwing an old bike out - he'd already left it for the binmen, but they apparently had not taken it.

I've been looking for a bike for short daily use and longer weekend rides too, so he's given it to me for free to do with as I please.

For starters though the bike needs a (really) good clean,
- the forks are pitted, I was intending to see if I can polish them
- it's missing the left hand crank,
- new pedals are needed,
- the back tyre is flat, both tyres seem old anyway and
- the saddle stem seems stuck fast too.

I'm not sure of the state of anything else, but you'll see from the photo that it's looking a bit sorry for itself.

BUT before I saw this forum all I was going to do was to nip down to Halfords for some cheap parts, clean it up and get it back on the road/mud as a weekend hack.

Having now seen that it's a (possibly) once loved Muddy Fox Roadrunner your forum has inspired me to spend a little bit more care and effort on it :) !

One question though - the past two months I've just taken up bikíng, so, how much 'riding' can an <ahem> old bike like this take?

I only ask as someone in the messages above said he was worried about riding his old Muddy Fox now due to the frame cracking :shock:

Thanks for the forum too, it could well inspire me to get another Muddy Fox bike back out where it (possibly) belongs, cheers![/img]

Attachments

• Muddy Fox - Roadrunner.jpg
    Muddy Fox - Roadrunner.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 1,755
Welcome Chas,

I think the bike you have got is a 1988.

Also looks to be in half decent condition under the grime.

Its a lot better than my 1987 Courier was when I got it.

Good luck.

A very rare colour too, nearly all Roadrunners were white/pink fade, worth cleaning up.

Carl.

Back