Ben Nevis circuit - 26th November - Brrrrrrr

Radoslaw":177vy9t5 said:
Just acquired Selalskinz waterproof socks. I'm ready to roll now. As for bike, Zaskar never let me down in epic events :cool:

I must buy some of them. I've got Sealskinz gloves and they are the most waterproof items I've ever owned. Not a drip gets through.

I've got them. Good in combination with overshoes, since water does get in at the top. Even with overshoes though, your feet do eventually get wet.

I've not found them all that warm once wet when it's really really cold, although that might just be my terrible circulation.

I'm going to try overshoes and duck tape, hopefully keep the inside of my shoes as dry as possible for as long as. I'm also thinking a set of 'woolie boolies' might be worth investing in - merino socks for warmth.

My sealskinz gloves are so waterproof that to wash them I just squirt some fairy liquid on them as I'm wearing them and then wash my hands under a hot tap.

Though if it is really cold I wear liners under them. And oddly though the water doesn't get through the outer fabric takes ages to dry.

The Ken":1j1kr9zz said:
dyna-ti":1j1kr9zz said:
Mr Panda":1j1kr9zz said:
clockworkgazz":1j1kr9zz said:
.......... is there a shorter route we can take if it looks like a washout?

No :twisted:
Might be the sensible idea,looks like it will be a harsh winter :?

We'll be fine Dyna, the ride is the same day as the next oban fireworks display, we'll get enough heat from that in 60 seconds to last the whole day.

Bad weather options: in reality we can't cut the route short once we're on it, so the only option would be to turn back if things get out of hand, by which time its too late anyway ;) There is shelter at halfway point so I might take small stove for hot soup :D If we make it that far we should be ok :shock:

If the hail/sleet/rain is horizontal at dawn and shows no sign of abating we have the option to ride somewhere else, laze in, or go upstairs to the pub :xmas-big-grin:

Think I have a pair of those waterproof socks somewhere.............

Back