THE SIX DALES November 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to ride my 86 Cannondale SM600. It will be our 25th anniversary the following week. Its been unridden since its restoration two years ago so will need a service and plenty of helicoptor tape to protect the pristine paintwork. I might have to swap the terrible foam grips too as they fall off at the slightest hint of dampness.

Si, I've heard this mentioned before - is helicopter tape readily available and if so where can i get some from?

Looks like a cracking ride, I'll see if I can join ya

Oh & Helitape...

A good friend of mine sells it (as well as being a great biker who frequently gets POD on Pinkbike), it's the proper stuff to (you can get some not so good stuff that yellows in the sunlight!)

www.helitape.co.uk

Unclejack":3az0bnvi said:
Yup, I was planning on being on the Saracen. If its been really wet though it might be on some non period looking blackwall tyres though. :(

Glad your on the Saracen as I wanted to get some pics of mine and yours together (the ones from repack weren't very good) as this will probably be the last outing for my kili this year.

I'm going to strip an clean it, then rebuild without using Shimano componats for next year.

Ps
I,ve ordered sunny sunshine for the ride but it was out of stock, hope it's back in stock for the 19th ;)

okay cool, I'll leave it as is then. :D
With regards to your suntour rebuild, look forward to seeing it but my mountech rear mech with its "unique" top pulley design is living upto its (crap) reputation - needed completely rebuilding after that last ride as it had seized solid...

Ok, looking at the forcast it looks like a week of rain running up to saturday but drier on the day. Some sections will be muddy as hell so come prepared guys.

Si

Dr S":14frjat9 said:
Ok, looking at the forcast it looks like a week of rain running up to saturday but drier on the day. Some sections will be muddy as hell so come prepared guys.

Si

You bin looking at the tea leaves again, we've had a lovely week over here.

Probably out on the moors this weekend so will report back on conditions.

Ps
it had better be a dry week next week as I'm working outside :roll:

I would of liked to join you on this one, its a cracking route,shame am working, wish you were doing it the Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back