Funk me- updated

Dr S":33juk2ft said:
Didn't they go onto a different tubeset and smoothed out welds in 92-93?? Thats why I thought it was 91-92

What tubeset is yours? Mine is Easton Vari-Lite and very fat tubes and is 100% 1992....and with filed down welds :?

Suggestions gentlemen?

Get drunk and buy one stupid inappropriate item off e-bay.
Then spend the next year trying to get matching bits.....that dont fit.
God the cup is half empty today.

Lid":1o3eyz30 said:
Get drunk and buy one stupid inappropriate item off e-bay.
Then spend the next year trying to get matching bits.....that dont fit.
God the cup is half empty today.

That strangely applies to virtually all of us on here at some time or another (sorry for thread hijack :oops: )

Dr S":2hv1kop3 said:
neilll":2hv1kop3 said:
Crell":2hv1kop3 said:
By the decals I think that's a 92. Very nice :)

Yeah, I would agree a late '92 or even later (my money is on 1993).....they stopped doing e-stays by '94, but it's definateley the later logo. (Mine is a '92 with the older logo)

Good job too cos if it's a '91 then its too early for M900 XTR ;)

Didn't they go onto a different tubeset and smoothed out welds in 92-93?? Thats why I thought it was 91-92

They did swap the tubing ( IIRC it's in the MBUK article) - the downtube Dia is the giveaway I think - that will tell you what tubeset it is. Like most boutique builders I'm sure there was overlap / stock etc that got mixed up decal wise no doubt. Tubing dia is at least more reliable than the decals (which aren't reliable), and your right on the welds in that they smoothed them on the newer frames, I'm less sure when that happened, and again whether it was at exactly the same time as the new tubing.

jez-2-many-bikes":1e1u4wmb said:
Yeh my Funk is going powder coated pink.

And it will look awesome. :cool:

/clap /cheer.

The PINK was highly metallic on a pic of a frame I saw recently, but I also remember a matt version.

White "FUNK" text please :)

Back