1989 RekTek - Canadian Content

There's at least two Syncros Ti BB models I'm aware of. One is a little shorter in overall width, but both seem to have been meant to be used for both 68/73mm shells. You'll see I have the same issue with the longer width BB on a bike with 68mm BB shell.

If you can find the shorter style model, you will have less threading showing. But compared to say a Race Face BB, you'll probably still get a fair amount of exposed threading. See this thread I created which has detailed pics…

http://retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=141642

In your original pic of your bike, it looks like you already had a set of Syncros Powerlite fork on it?

I'm working on a set of decals to be applied during the respray.
I'm trying to economize and get two full sets of decals on one 8.5"x11" sheet. This is a downsampled web optimized image.

main.php

the colors of the rektek logo are just for testing purposes. The small Syncros decals are for the back of the seatpost. The obnoxious Canadian stickers are for the bottom of the seattube. The Syncros equipped ones will go on the toptube close to the seattube.

Very nice. :cool:

Would be really nice gloss black chrome decals.

al. :D

some ideas for paint/decal color combos:
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

I'm thinking a metallic flake base color for all these options.
I'm also open to other suggestions. It's pretty easy for me to mess around with colors in adobe illustrator.

I always think on respray you should go with your gut feeling. Although a bitof moral support wont go astray.

Solid colour for me. So the fourth down the blue grey.

I'm still waiting on the custom decals from Velocals (argh!) before getting to the paint.

In the meantime I am fixing the MRC scissor U-brakes which have a broken Ti spring.

So today I visited the machine shop to see what I could break.

Decals have arrived.
main.php

I hope they look as good on the bike as they do on my floor. :p

The frame and fork are in for painting. More updates soon I hope.

A few iPhone pics of the frame and fork after paint.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

It's a bit hard to see the AWESOME!!!! color in these shots. I will take a few outside in some decent light one of these days.

Took a few pics outside recently.

I do not have a headset yet, so no shots of the complete bike yet.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Back