God help me! another new project!! Dynatech content

more of an update,

it's not finished yet but it is rideable. i want some bar ends and a saddle for it, the current saddle is an old one that has a few rips. also need some decals from Gil. also it only has some basic (read Crap!) brake pads so they need sorting.

the quick spin around the block tells me it's a nice ride, looking forward to getting out on it properly :D

Attachments

• dt3.jpg
    dt3.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,507
  • dt2.jpg
    dt2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,507
  • dt1.jpg
    dt1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,507
more :)

Attachments

• dt6.jpg
    dt6.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,503
  • dt5.jpg
    dt5.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,503
  • dt4.jpg
    dt4.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,503
dyna tech

looking good jon.

the rims do add a flush of colour most welcome. i see what you mean about a match conflict but, they seem ok. r.s.p gear seems to be pewter/gun metal throughout their range so the rims and stem break the code a bit, in a good way.

dyna-tech...(((whistles))) paul up here in leeds(paininthe) has a similar model and it it is deceptively lightweight. he got lightest bike of ride not so long back! chrisv40 can confirm this ;) any idea of the weight jonny?

lets see it at the cannock ride if you can make it. :cool:

yeah it does seem quite light but i have no scales to weigh it on.

i think this is gonna be my retro winter bike, it's simple, meaning no suspension etc and the quick spin was very encouraging.

i should be at the cannock meet assuming you mean the one around chritmas, i'll have a think as to what to bring though ;)

that pic made me laugh, the frame came from Kean (Wiz of Oz) who stayed at Mr K's house on the way to the peaks meet in september, i saw the pic after i bought the frame :LOL: i know the conversations those guys have and i am assuming it's Mr K's view of the frame :LOL: but hey, each to their own!

a little update with a couple of better pics! :) the first few were inside under flouro lights with the phone so i thought the bike deserved a few nicer pics :)

i have changed the tyres as the panaracer tyres are now on the patriot so this got some hutchinson tyres, also it now has the bar ends i felt i needed for it. the only thing it needs now is a decent (non ripped) saddle, and ideally a set of decent brake pads.

if it wasn't absolutely pissing down outside i would be out on it now! :x

Attachments

• dt1.jpg
    dt1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 542
  • dt2.jpg
    dt2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 542
  • dt3.jpg
    dt3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 542
  • dt4.jpg
    dt4.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 542
jonnyboy666":2g7qhtz2 said:
that pic made me laugh, the frame came from Kean (Wiz of Oz) who stayed at Mr K's house on the way to the peaks meet in september, i saw the pic after i bought the frame :LOL: i know the conversations those guys have and i am assuming it's Mr K's view of the frame :LOL: but hey, each to their own!

For accuracy's sake, it was symbolic of my view of the unruly Aussie house guest I had at the time, not the frame... I like my Dyna Tech's me...!

Looks great Jon,

Ive tried to take a look through your eyes and can only comment on the front mech shim ;) :LOL:

Seriouoly looks great and look forward to seeing it soon, Are you gunna apply some decals ???

Cheers

GM :cool:

@ james,
yeah i don't really like the shim but, i had the xtr mech and shims available so i thought it was the best option as i was building it full xtr. the only other option i had was an m735 xt front mech which i would have had to buy or if i had used the dx groupset i would need a dx front mech but i don't recall seeing one in top pull. i wanted to keep it matching but then i saw an xtr front mech that would do the job on ebay but the seller wanted 50 quid which i thought was a bit much, hence the shims.

@Mr K

back peddling now are we?!! :LOL:

Back