MacKlunker - SATURDAY 5th MAY, Postponed...

velomaniac":3qnoppgs said:
Mikee is on the right track as GF means Gluten Free which is the nasty stuff in wheat :D
Aha, was wondering what the GF meant! :idea:

velomaniac":3qnoppgs said:
Mind you red cabbage and chocolate sprinkles could get some kind of time alteration I suppose.................
I'll bet it would! :D

I saw a suitable frame in a shop today.

And all I can say is that if I make it along I am willing to take a 10 second penalty for fitting MTB rigid forks. First time in ages I've looked at the forks on a 1970 bike. they're like bloody spaghetti :shock:

Dinae worry about 10 second penalties, I've dropped that idea due to being described as too fussy about rules.

Only rules are written in my sig.

Anyway rigid forks with canti mounts predate mtb's so are allowed ;)

I can repack proper now, I've nabbed a 20 inch wheel with a coaster brake :cool:

Better get plenty grease and a fire extinguisher :LOL:

My dad brought over a large bicycle shaped box to me today. It contained various objects of a 1970s vintage.

dsc5748.jpg

dsc5742w.jpg

Pretty happy with the contents. Some surface rust (patina, damn it!) as you can see, but it's really rather spiffy.

Fire extinguisher?

Pah, just drink lots before the run and use your own built in one, probably more in keeping with the originals :shock:

DaveDH reckons we can get a couple of runs in on the Inners 91 course as theres a path straight to the summit that cuts out all the tedious switchback roads we're going to plummet down :D

Spent last hour watching YouTube descents of the Repack, interviews with Joe Breeze and Charlie Kelly and taking pointers on the time trial procedure.
Gary Fisher holds the record at 4 minutes 22 seconds, I wonder if our tamer shorter version can be done in sub that time :?

Repack does look ace and it does look hard if you pick up the speed. Also had a squint at some footage of the Kamikaze DH on Mammoth Mountain, that looks crazy, skinny tyred rigid bikes piling down a steep extremely dusty mountain straight off the surface of the moon :shock:

Back