Jamis Dragon 29'er [new pics & parts 22-03]

Jamis Diablo

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So this will be my most modern build ever, my newest bike now is 13 years old, and my first 29er.
It is a Jamis Dragon One 2009, which can be build up as SS or geared with an adapter I also have.
I haven't decided yet how to build it, rigid or not, gears or not, might try SS and rigid first.

p4pb6500807.jpg

p4pb6500809.jpg

p4pb6500808.jpg

The fun of finding parts can begin.

I have this frame for 6 month now, but never got to build it due to two retro projects and en modern AM/FR bike.
But the last weeks I started to collect some parts and this is how it is now.
Hope to finish it this weekend.

p4pb7367685.jpg

that is low. i used to run a 42:16 on my ss road bike and that was ok for road so maybe try a 42:18? aesthetically i think a bigger ring up front would work better too.

Nice one, to me there's something special about rigid steel SS 29ers, you'll really enjoy that.

FWIW I have started with a lower gear too, but quickly changed up and have been very happy with 38x19 for my 29ers. Added bonus is that the 38 is also perfect for 1x10 or 1x9 conversions for our Dutch conditions.

And I can see why you passed on my green forks, though you could have had them painted matte black to match the frame.

Enjoy!!

jamabikes":2gnxqgdo said:
that is low. i used to run a 42:16 on my ss road bike and that was ok for road so maybe try a 42:18? aesthetically i think a bigger ring up front would work better too.
32-18 for 29" is aprox. the same as 32-16 (2:1) for 26".
I'll just try this, when my condition is good enough I'll change to 34-18.

Back