Funk me- updated

Dr S":16ixlonq said:
Yup- changed it to the cover of the video i've been looking for for ooh- about 10 years- McQueens finest hour IMHO.
The Alfa is one of my other money pits :roll: Oh and it ain't no junior, its packing a Autodelta works spec 2000 NORD motor, 187BHP :LOL: :LOL:

Cool!!!!!
Double Webers?,..colombo bariani's?,....technomagnesio wheels?
This is one of my Alfa's,...

Giulia1300ti.jpg

sorry to go off-topic,..

Fenton":2t6o56mt said:
oops! sorry.
I will have one of these one day, I have been promising myself for all of my teens and nearly all of my twenties!!! Just beautiful, my favorite car ever.
447017f2f21edd20736fc994e64de8b2.jpg

OOOPS double sorry!

Im totally with you on that one, a teacher at my high school had one and ive wanted one ever since...simple understated beauty! ...just watch the rot though:(

I'm glad I bought mine when I did, minters are £15-20K now :shock:

Mine has scruffy paintwork but has never been welded in its life and is 99% rot free. I've just bought a repro set of GTA alloys like the ones in the picture too. Its about to go into my workshop for a bare metal paint job. Should be a stunner when finished.
I will be burried in that car. i love it, not a day goes by when I don't just sit and look at it, and everytime i drive it its just as special a feeling as the day i bought it. There are not many things in life that can do that.
Don't get me started on Alfas :roll: :roll:

Dr S":1shfsm38 said:

:D

Dr S":1shfsm38 said:
I've just bought a repro set of GTA alloys like the ones in the picture too.

so you found a set of Technomagnesio's! nice!
I had the TZ 15" magnesium wheels by Technomagnesio under my Giulia '67,...

Dr S":1xt41cc3 said:
Whats with all the pink nonsense- you lot having a laugh??

Cannot really be arsed to paint it- it'll just chip off. I think it needs a light splash of ano, but where and what colour??

Also thinking full XTR900 groupo but I have those Kooka cranks and some silver Kooka Ratchas ( I like Kooka I guess)

More suggestions please- where are the style police when you need em??

Kind of :)

the condition is too nice to paint - but most UK imports were PINK in 91. By the decals I think that's a 92. Very nice :)

The only Ano I would put near that is black personally.
I agree on the bars; too new, and ditch the bar ends.
Personally I'd swap the Kookas for something a bit older as well... but you have the frame so it's your call.

Defiant":16k3s6j4 said:
Dr S":16k3s6j4 said:

:D

Dr S":16k3s6j4 said:
I've just bought a repro set of GTA alloys like the ones in the picture too.

so you found a set of Technomagnesio's! nice!
I had the TZ 15" magnesium wheels by Technomagnesio under my Giulia '67,...

Bloody hell- genuine TZs are worth a fortune now!!

I fancy a nice Super or Berlina Next- let me know ifyou see any ;)

Dr S":1meble76 said:
I fancy a nice Super or Berlina Next- let me know ifyou see any ;)

the once I spot are LHD,.... ;)

if you want to drive it daily i would go for the Berlina 2000,....if you want to play,...the giulia,... :D
would go for a blue printed 1750 with double webers, colombo sport cams and sperr-diff,..lowered springs by KONI and a replace all rubbers and unibolt by harder once,...and a thicker front strut,...
it is so much fun,....but offcourse you know yourself,..
I would like to purchase a Junior GTA someday,..but these are rare and rather expensive...

Crell":3ri6o1r1 said:
By the decals I think that's a 92. Very nice :)

Yeah, I would agree a late '92 or even later (my money is on 1993).....they stopped doing e-stays by '94, but it's definateley the later logo. (Mine is a '92 with the older logo)

Good job too cos if it's a '91 then its too early for M900 XTR ;)

Oh so many choices- Alfas and bloody bikes :?
I was thinking along these lines
FunkProComp.jpg

Its not the best picture and I know that those bar ends will be the Funk Ti ones but where the hell will I find some!!

I don't want to get too period obsessed, I do intend to use it aswell, so don't want to go too posh with the build. Which bars would you fit Crell?? This retro malarchy is much harder than it looks??

neilll":2mcbq21v said:
Crell":2mcbq21v said:
By the decals I think that's a 92. Very nice :)

Yeah, I would agree a late '92 or even later (my money is on 1993).....they stopped doing e-stays by '94, but it's definateley the later logo. (Mine is a '92 with the older logo)

Good job too cos if it's a '91 then its too early for M900 XTR ;)

Didn't they go onto a different tubeset and smoothed out welds in 92-93?? Thats why I thought it was 91-92

Back