Grove Innovations AMP full suspension - inching along now

mfh126

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So I've had the urge to go after an AMP frame for a while. I actually purchased a Mongoose Amplifier on Ebay recently, but the seller flaked and never shipped the frame. I'm actually happy about it now because I found a Grove Innovations full suspension frame with an AMP rear end. :cool:

IMAG0187.jpg

Nice, didn't know Grove made an amp ended frame :cool:

Amp F2 fork would suit it nicely if they were available in 1", not sure if they were as all amp frames were 1"1/8.

They did them with an 1" steerer as I've got one on my Shock a Billy.

It's a fork that takes a little getting use to as the action is very different to a Rockshox and you need to make sure that you keep them free from play.
I was lucky enough to find a NOS one and it transformed the handling as it was nice and tight.
You can still get all the parts from AMP to service them although they have no 1" steerers left as I have already asked :D

Interesting one that...

You could do with that 1" F3 I sold a few months back...

Would have been perfect!

Sure you'll find something easy enough though - seem to have a knack for getting the goodies...

BB

Thanks guys. I think the AMP forks would look nice, but the challenge lies in finding one with a 178mm long threaded steerer or 218mm threadless. :? I was able to source a nice Mag 21 with a long threadless steerer, so I'll give it a shot and see if a nice F2 or F3 comes along in the future. ;)

That's awesome!

Imo the Amp tail is pretty much the nicest looking rear suspension design ...and this Grove (with the SaB) is the nicest among the Amp's :cool:

Mike, one really nice unusual NOS score! :shock:

Agree with all that it NEEDS an AMP suspension fork. From what I've read, you can possibly still get steerers from Amp. So if you find a 1-1/8" you can press it out and pressed in a new 1" into the fork.

RockiMtn":1o5iyrxf said:
Mike, one really nice unusual NOS score! :shock:

Agree with all that it NEEDS an AMP suspension fork. From what I've read, you can possibly still get steerers from Amp. So if you find a 1-1/8" you can press it out and pressed in a new 1" into the fork.
Thanks Frank!

I contacted Brion at AMP a little while ago and they only have 1 1/8" steerers available. :( I bought the Mag 21, but I the silver AMP would be ideal. The search continues!

Back