BoTM Nov 2011 'Made in Taiwan Special' - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
rumpfy":18nvbklq said:
I hate to say it...but some of these bikes (soooome) have ok builds on them.

I'd consider coming out of retirement for a BoTM, but I don't have frames made in Taiwan. :twisted:

If you're feeling left out, ask your mate GMGT to borrow one of his.

I don't think he's got anything that wasn't made in Taiwan...

BB

I have just recieved a pretty abusive PM from the ever gracious GM12manyGTs.

Apparently I'm an 'ASSHAT' (whatever that means) amongst other things, and he only has 7 bikes made in Taiwan.

My apologies for the error.

Still, that's 7 for you to chose from Eric...

BB

BoyBurning":2idrhuet said:
I have just recieved a pretty abusive PM from the ever gracious GM12manyGTs.
I'm not feeling your pain - simultaneously being provocative and clique-y has a price, and I'm guessing you like the attention anyway.

I mean, really, what did you expect?

gm1230126":1skh9f5k said:
Mossy":1skh9f5k said:
I'm 99% sure the '92 GT Avalanche frame was made in Taiwan. Hope i'm right. So my first ever entry to BoTM . . . :D

Frame Built by Toyo in Japan. Do you have a little chrome sticker at the bottom of the head tube? My 92 Team Avalanche has the Made in Japan sticker at the base of the head tube and the serial umber on my Blue 92 Avalanche has the same series of serial numbers T9204 on the left side of the BB with four more digits on the right side.

It did have a sticker on the head tube and i'm sure it read 'Made in Taiwan'. I may be wrong and if so I'll pull the entry from BoTM. :D

If it was 'Made in Taiwan' I trust I can count on Rumphy and boyburnings vote :D

Neil":cwhrsbz0 said:
BoyBurning":cwhrsbz0 said:
I mean, really, what did you expect

An abusive PM from you too?

As you say, I love the attention - you should see my bright yellow Bentley!

Anyway, on with the nice bikes. I was going to enter my 1992 GT Avalanche but apparently that's made in Japan, and is not as nice as the one already entered anyway...

BB

BoyBurning":3lz4zr7a said:
Neil":3lz4zr7a said:
I mean, really, what did you expect
An abusive PM from you too?
Not me, pilgrim. I struggle to care what you say about GTs or any other bikes made in Taiwan, or even Outer Mongolia.

I just think the lady protests too much.

Besides, it'd make me feel all diiiirrttttyy, and it's not the 2nd Saturday of the month.
As you say, I love the attention - you should see my bright yellow Bentley!
I just bet all the other kids are dead jealous, as you push it around the Little Tikes multi-storey play garage. Do you make the real engine noises, too?

Hang on a minute, your "bright yellow Bentley" is a metaphor, ain't it? You mischievous scamp.
Anyway, on with the nice bikes. I was going to enter my 1992 GT Avalanche but apparently that's made in Japan, and is not as nice as the one already entered anyway...
There's always next month.

Neil":254tktfh said:
I struggle to care what you say

Then why do you always feel the urge to chirp up at my posts you irksome stalking asshat...?

Now get back to your Diamond Backs.

Hang on a minute, they're made in Taiwan aren't they? You going to offer one up for this months BOTaiwanM?

BB

Anyway back to the bikes.... :cool:

Thought I might sneak my Vit-T2 in as well. It's changed a smidgeon from this pic as it's now got mk1 Crossmax on it but I haven't had a chance to take a decent photo of it yet.

IMGP1896.jpg

and in action....

IMG_2913.jpg

Re: BoTM Nov 2011 'Made in Taiwan Special' - Nominations Ple

John":1nrod3xu said:
That it turn into a bun fight!

I had page 3 in the south west 'how long before it turns nasty' sweepstake.
Can't believe it went to 5!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back