MacKlunker - SATURDAY 5th MAY, Postponed...

C'mon guys, just how vague do I have to be to keep everyone happy :LOL:

Taz, it says that its unlikely to go ahead before April 1st, it disnae say it will go ahead on April 1st. Everything at this juncture is very ish.........
So Taz just nail your diary to the mast and say when roughly is free.

Chill guys, this meet will be very consensus driven, I want as many folk to have a laugh rolling doon a hill on a fair approximation of a bike in a vaguely time trial fashion.

Kaiser, how about a 1960's 16 inch framed shopper with 16 inch wheels and BMX caliper brakes, single speed. I'll even build it for you just to ensure the brakes are crap :LOL:

velomaniac":1el5d6dr said:
Taz, it says that its unlikely to go ahead before April 1st, it disnae say it will go ahead on April 1st. Everything at this juncture is very ish.........
So Taz just nail your diary to the mast and say when roughly is free.

I'm unavailable from 23rd Jan to 8th Feb so no Baltic bawbags.

And then from 23rd March to 1st May.

Can't change any of that as I'll be in Australia for both periods.

So Taz you could do 6th of May then ;)

Gaz, you got my idea exactly and we could split the event into categories based on authenticity but there is no three line whip to say you must ride a proper authentic klunker. Its about the spirit of the thing and having a laugh.

Based on the Repack bikes having shocking brakes I do think all our steeds should have awful stoppers. Believe me nylon mag wheels with standard rubber brake blocks equal near zero brakes so it'll be soft compound last only one descent blocks for me :LOL:

DaveDH has threatened to do it on a mountainboard with no brakes and skyway wheels so I said fair enough go for it :D

I`m sure once the date`s worked out, this will be a spectacular event.

Nice looking build jimi, can`t wait to more macklunkers.

on the bribery front , how much in seconds is GF shortbread worth ?

and is there a "stronger" form of currency ? i.e. GF tea cakes or chockky chip muffins

mikee":1odv0a4p said:
on the bribery front , how much in seconds is GF shortbread worth ?

and is there a "stronger" form of currency ? i.e. GF tea cakes or chockky chip muffins
I'm trying to remember, but does Velo not have a bit of a wheat intolerance thingy going on? Or is it dairy?

Anyway, I'm bringing a cabbage sprinkled with hundreds and thousands.

Mikee is on the right track as GF means Gluten Free which is the nasty stuff in wheat :D

GF Bakewell Tarts are like pure gold if you need to know ;)

Mind you red cabbage and chocolate sprinkles could get some kind of time alteration I suppose.................

Mrs Crimble's chocolate macaroons are the best.

I'll not be bringing the Xizang, but an idea I had in the 80s was to strip down a trials motorbike and mod it to fit cranks and cogs... definitely won't have time or budget to do that though.

Back