Ben Nevis circuit - 26th November - Brrrrrrr

zigzag":ec2yu4by said:
i'll take a change of dry lycra. Never seen the point of going with waterproof trousers, just end up all sweaty and damp anyway.

Last thing I'll be doing is removing my keks in the middle of the frozen wasteland, that why I said wear something that is warm when wet.... clothing Gaz clothing!

dyna-ti":39joiew6 said:
Mr Panda":39joiew6 said:
clockworkgazz":39joiew6 said:
.......... is there a shorter route we can take if it looks like a washout?

No :twisted:
Might be the sensible idea,looks like it will be a harsh winter :?

We'll be fine Dyna, the ride is the same day as the next oban fireworks display, we'll get enough heat from that in 60 seconds to last the whole day.

The Ken":307mzs0v said:
dyna-ti":307mzs0v said:
Mr Panda":307mzs0v said:
clockworkgazz":307mzs0v said:
.......... is there a shorter route we can take if it looks like a washout?

No :twisted:
Might be the sensible idea,looks like it will be a harsh winter :?

We'll be fine Dyna, the ride is the same day as the next oban fireworks display, we'll get enough heat from that in 60 seconds to last the whole day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-15616697

:LOL:

My daughter went on Saturday night - 5 mins later she phoned to say she was in the pub :LOL:

Just acquired Selalskinz waterproof socks. I'm ready to roll now. As for bike, Zaskar never let me down in epic events :cool:

overshoes will be fine, never used sealskins but if you use them with shorts I heard the water runs down you leg and fills them up - they still stay warm though which is the important bit.

They'll keep your foot dry (tested in semi light rain), however water can get from top of sock. They feel quiet warm too. I'll be using overshoes as well to be double secured. Feets are crucial to keep them warm and cosy just after hands. Never, ever spare money on it.

About 5 years ago I bought some sealskinz socks and they quickly proved there worth. Cycling with a group along the Pencaitland cycle path we met a flooded section 100 meters long and bottom bracket deep. Most of the group laboriously climbed over barbed wire fences and slogged across fields to get past the flood. I cycled straight through, my boots were soaked but my feet were bone dry and toasty warm and did not get sweaty as the soaks are permeable goretex stylee. Well worth the investment but I'll just stick with my neoprene overshoes for this trip as the socks are a bit knackered now after years of hard use :D

Back