1976 Holdsworth Professional

bike

If I remember correctly the Professional frameset was an eye watering £160 in 1979 :shock: . My Special was £105 which was a lot of paper rounds :(

michael franks":1wuomy2e said:
I used to lust after that bike when Holdsworths was my LBS and I used to spend all my paper round money there. In hindsight, I was just being prepared for Retrobike :LOL: There was something about the orange and blue and all the high end Campag. Completely beautiful.

me too! my uncle John ( West ) managed the shop , worked there as a school leaver till he was sadly killed riding home...
My Claud Bulter came from there and the frame shop resprayed it legnano lime green with red lettering on white panels ...

Holdsworth.

I've two Holdsworth's, both owned from new: all post 1975 frames were made at the factory in Penge (friend of my family worked there), Mario Vaz was in charge of the paint shop until the early 1980s.

Will always have soft spot for Holdsworths.

Roadking.

The style, the condition, the grace. Beautiful (re)build!
Perfect mid 70's set up in all ways.

Re:

bikenut2010":1ox3r477 said:
michael franks":1ox3r477 said:
I used to lust after that bike when Holdsworths was my LBS and I used to spend all my paper round money there. In hindsight, I was just being prepared for Retrobike :LOL: There was something about the orange and blue and all the high end Campag. Completely beautiful.

me too! my uncle John ( West ) managed the shop , worked there as a school leaver till he was sadly killed riding home...
My Claud Bulter came from there and the frame shop resprayed it legnano lime green with red lettering on white panels ...

Just noticed this post. Wasn't the Lime Green etc. scheme a sort of 'unofficial team colour' for local top amateur riders that all rode Holdsworth bikes? Alan Perkins, Bob Addy and Mike Shea spring to mind, all Hemel Hempstead CC? I think there was a 'Cycling' road test of one, probably Mike Shea's. A smart colour scheme I reckon.

Back