Clipless pedals. The Hilarity!

Scougar":eytc0xub said:
btw.. why do they damage your knees?

Depending on how loose you have them set they restrict your knee movement so they stay in a more fixed position during a ride. On flats you are constantly moving your feet around, even if you don't realise it.

you can buy pedals that are flat on one side and spd on other

its damaged knees v damaged shins if you slip off flats

Scougar":15veqehd said:
btw.. why do they damage your knees?

As already said; key is set-up. Take plenty of time (if you have a bike trainer, all the better, to make sure they feel comfortable. Just bolting the cleats to the shoes and hoping for the best won't necessarily put them in the right place for you. :)

lol, I despise gripshifts, but give it time and see how I get on with these SPD's :)

For the moment I've put the cleats as far forward on the shoe as they will go.

I was dropped on my head as a child and went clipless now using platforms again and will never go back to using spds pedals properly again. I only like the looks of them on bikes now and the looks of the shoes :cool:

I wanted proper shoes for cycling and getting pedals as well seem sensible. I also like the look of the shoes lol. I was embarrassed by my knackered airwalks and socks looking like I was just out of the office.

:LOL: Its all cool mate, i go out riding off road in my jeans and trainers now all year round on my race bikes :D Probably not if im racing though :LOL:

Back