I hate you all...

Scougar

Retrobike Rider
..because now I've been looking at this section since Friday, and now I want a late 80's or early 90's BMX ! :cool:

No real money, certainly a total lack of skill for any kind of tricks.. but darn.. they look cool. Really liking the Raleigh Burners :)

Well get one then :LOL:

there are no rules to say that how ever old you are or our of shape you can't roll on a sweet BMX :twisted:

you just got to look into what type you want ?

90's chrome will be heavier and cruz well

80's raleigh will be fun but can feel weird if like a Mk 1

freestyle bmx will cost a bit more

big names will be more ££££

have a think of what you had back in the day - or what you have seen that some has on here

let us know what you decide or if you have any questions

cheers B ;)

It's actually your fault btw.... you were giving too much detail... on your builds lol :p (You get around the web I notice!). We have a couple of steel half pipes and ramps etc very near me, so it could proof entertaining.

I never actually had a BMX, I had a chopper and then a racer that my Dad put 3 inch wooden blocks on the pedals until I was tall enough to reach the pedals!

Note: I've completely rebuilt car's from the ground up, so I'm not afraid of work btw.. just not used to working on bike's (I only got into it to save money this year, but realised straight away getting a cheap supermarket bike was cack. And now look what's happening to me lol).

:LOL: it wasn't me and you can't prove a thing :LOL:

well if you can build a car up frond ground up then a bmx is a piece of p!ss ;)

there are only a hand full of parts on a BMX compared to a car and in a way it's near the same thing - brakes - steering - paint

if you lay it all out, it fits together easy - brakes and lining up the chain can some time be a pain

so what type of bmx are you going for ? Raleigh ? or some thing like a custom (see my GT 01 )

cheers B ;)

I just thought that maybe I should try and crack my skull a bit and have the local kids take the p1ss out of me (I'm over 30.. bound to happen ;-) ) when I fall off... so probably best something that's durable.

I'm the type of guy that's likely to smash his teeth from holding back too much, and I can't even do this like bunny hope, so it's gotta be easy to ride.

:LOL: I'm 37 going on 14 :LOL:

you don't have to ride hard to enjoy - a well built ride will get respect down the park from the local lads :cool:

the more you ride around the more you will learn in time and get use to the bmx - just riding around the streets you will start to hop off of kurbs and stuff - it will be fun and look cool :twisted:

so what bmx you looking for ?

Still liking the burners I must admit, but is there something you'd recommend, or something I should definately stay away from? I'm not fussed on mags or spokes, either is cool.

I'm happy doing some work, not to the detail you do of course, but getting out the polish is fine.. I'm used to polishing up stainless steel exhausts ;-)

p.s. Have you ever seen the American film 'RAD' ? It's terrible but good BMX stuff in it, although the 'dancing' near the end is funny. Was proper BMX racing which was cool, not just about the tricks.

Seriously... you think I haven't watched E.T. ? :-D (But totally off topic.. did you know Bambi was a dude? I thought he was girl! - Point being, I've never seen it, unlike E.T. lol) Pretty sure I've seen BMX Bandits as well :-D Ooo the Nostalgia. Amazing I've seen this stuff but never had a BMX!

I'm 5'11" 12 - 13 stone. Would prefer a bike to try some stuff out on, as I'm not into 'hanging out' as such. Will be moving to the states in a few months, so nothing sensational is required. I'm more of the function over form.. and but having a pretty bike is always an ego boost :)

so your only going to have it for a couple of months? or are you going to take it with you ?

let me know on this and we can go from there ;)

Back