Custom GT 01

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

Senior Retro Guru
Believe it or not this bike came from the Dump ?
I was looking inside the metal bins at a dump where i saw a shinny frame inside - started to pull it out and saw some other parts there - frame - forks - bars - stem - crank - seat-post and clamp - BB set ~ all these parts there and all NOS ? not a single nut had been tightened or a mark made ?
So i started to pull it all out, now at this point a should of said it's not a site that sells items ? any thing i find is a backhand to the guys and straight into the back of the boot
Got all the parts out and i suddenly here a voice that really don't need to !
It's a man that i haven't meet before and really don't want to - it's the area manager and he make Hitler looks like a girl guide selling cookies
So he asks me what i'm doing ? I have to act dumb at this point (yer i know i don't have to act hard !) and say "just looking" and with that he says " WELL CLEAR OFF NOW"
So out i go and wait near by for a hour
I get back in there after i see him go and start pulling back out all the parts that were thrown back in the big metal bin
I manage to get all bit bar the crank ! and now it's closing time, so off home i go
But the next morning i'm back there early and back in the big metal bin looking for that missing parts that i know is there - and half an hour later i find - job done
So i speak to Lester who works there and ask him how much for the parts i pulled out - frame, forks, bars, stem, seat post and clamp, BB set and crank ?
£4 ? he says
er yer that will be fine"" i say
£4 will be a bloody bargain i'm thinking
So it's been a couple of years of the frame near built up hanging on the wall - i hadn't got round to doing any thing with it as i wanted to take my time and was in no rush - nice bit of art hanging there
Forward to this last Christmas and the London x-mas run - I started getting bits ready for it and polishing all parts that needed it. All that was needed was the brakes to be sorted - now brakes are not my best thing and for some reason they were not working for me - so over to Chris's place (wish i kept my TA home ) for a bit of learning and hopefully he can work out what the hell is going on
Well the brake calipers were not working at all for some unknown reason - there were changed for a couple of calipers he had - and within a minutes he had the new sets dialed up and all working - so a big thanks to Chris and his very sexy Haro - many thanks mate
The x-mas run was canceled and the bike hadn't even been out for a test ride
So at the same time of resto'ing Donuts MT RACING SILVERFOX i was polishing bits for this bike and getting it ready - now i have tested it out (only an hour so far) and it feels real nice - a sweet dailed cruzer style with shine and pimp - ready for when the sun shows it's self and shines on my custom GT 01

here are the pic's

SNC17017.jpg

SNC17019.jpg

SNC17022.jpg

SNC17024.jpg

SNC17025.jpg

SNC17030.jpg

SNC17028.jpg

SNC17032.jpg

SNC17026.jpg

SNC16944.jpg

SNC16925.jpg

SNC16927.jpg

SNC17040.jpg

SNC17059.jpg

SNC17068-1.jpg

SNC16941-1.jpg

SNC16945-1.jpg

That's a GT 'Grind', a friend of mine had a bike like that. Good job pulling it out of the bin too BTW! :D

Now that really is some find, really nice :D

Good photos which really show it off well :D

Back