Ben Nevis circuit - 26th November - Brrrrrrr

Screw the bivvy I'm planning on digging a snow hole!
ZZ still bring the foil though, I hate it when the outside of the turkey gets over cooked and too dry.

Are we bringing our ice axes ..... and 30 m of rope :)

Honest practical advice needed now so I can plan my steed and kit to bring. Just how technical will this be, is it mainly landrover track or is there lots of techy bits. Not done an epic run in so long I dont want to over/under pack ;)

Velo - see pics on this link as a guide....

http://picasaweb.google.com/10752582445 ... 9709340642

I suspect it will be similar terrain to the Blackmount/Glen Etive route done last year ie mainly LR track with a few rough bits or walking :shock: thrown in.

The middle section around the river crossing will be a walk for a mile or two I think. Bikewise I'm thinking rigid Cinder Cone, but reserve the right to change my mind.

Remember you don't need to carry much gear (apart from survival stuff :twisted: ) as we'll start and finish from the bunkhouse on Saturday. Hopefully :LOL:

Decent waterproofs and some extra warm clothes I think, so either a pannier or small rucsac. Will know better when we see the forecast and can ascertain extent of flooding/snowdrifts
:cool:

I was thinking SS but might go lava dome or voodoo dependent on mood, weather.

Pics look good, is there a shorter route we can take if it looks like a washout?

Gaz take what ever bike will be kindest to your knee, modern or retro, not an area for carrying you out, we'll just leave you like that deer we found on the glen etive run. :LOL:

I'm probably not going to tinker with my bike other than just a clean and regrease, don't want to break anything.

Velo r make sure your base layer wicks well and keeps you warm when wet (wool or fleece) I'm going to layer up and keep a relatively empty rucksack to put anything in when I am too hot :) - I'll have a survival bag, whistle and 5 days of food just in case.

i'll take a change of dry lycra. Never seen the point of going with waterproof trousers, just end up all sweaty and damp anyway.

Think it'll be the Haro for me.

Back