MacKlunker - SATURDAY 5th MAY, Postponed...

velomaniac":2xzshutc said:
its only for laughs :LOL:

and

velomaniac":2xzshutc said:
Jimi, you cant do 8 speed cassette as thats from the mtb era, I am going to be strict with my scrutineering, its 10 seconds penalty per mtb component.

It's a fine line between having a laugh, staying within the spirit of the event and keeping it cheap and cheerful. I certainly don't have the answers, but if all you have are boxes of MTB spares, then I can see it being hard to justify going out and spending money on pre-1980's components just for this.

I understand that you want a framework and some rules, but it'd be a shame if folks are put off from entering because they're going to be 30 seconds (or whatever) down before they turn a wheel.

It was you who said i couldn't have an Aheadset on my twenty :shock: :LOL:

OK I'll relax it down to nothing obviously mtb so if you tape over the xtr decals on your mech for example then who am I to say its from a mtb.
That better ;)

I have just been accused of taking this too seriously so here is the revised set of rules with the result that no one should have an excuse for not taking part ;)

Some very simple rules:
1/-Nothing obviously mtb derived !
2/-Rubbish brakes are a must !!!!!
3/-Bribery of the race official (thats me) is to be encouraged ;)

I'll keep an eye out, if I thought I'd use the bike afterwards I'd be all over it but its sketchy whether I would or not. Lets call it a cooling of my heels at the mo :)

Fair enough but its likely not to happen before April 1st so loadsa time, just pull something out of a skip ;)

Aye, I had set up a frame to modify but realised the work I'd need to do and although not a load of moolah it would need some pennies. There is one style I'd entertain but these are a bit harder to get a hold of, V I maybe need to enlist your help with non mtb frames and wotnot :)

You can all tell me to piss off (since I'm no doing this) but is the original idea not about what you would do if repack was relocated to scotland and the klunkers that would have been made at that time? So by definition you would need to use bikes and parts of that era and by default mtb developments were not there to be used.

Could you not have a full on klunker race (Si cat.) and a retro-mod klunker race, where it's the spirit of the bike that matters?

Back