The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kaya":84lryfje said:
Has anyone any idea what these Gravity Research Pipes Dreams are worth? I know some just sold on fleabay but they were in red.

Picture180.jpg

Picture178.jpg

Picture175.jpg

Thanks in advance Kaya

No ideas any one ???

Cant help Kaya but as you kow what the red sold for on fleabay just guess according to that. I guess about the same, some will pay more for colours but silver more generally popular as goes with anything.

coomber":1ijnk9o0 said:
Cant help Kaya but as you kow what the red sold for on fleabay just guess according to that. I guess about the same, some will pay more for colours but silver more generally popular as goes with anything.

Cheers Coomber, I was quite surprised at what the ones on fleabay went for, I'd rather they sold on here than fleabay ;)

1991 GT Avalanche

Hi guys i have a 1991 GT Avalanche which was my first ever mountain bike back in the day, its the dark blue one with the xt stuff on and its fully rigid.
It had been in a friends garage for the last 15 odd years and has had a few things dropped on it but it still rides well, wheels are true etc etc.
I doubt i`ll really use it much as i ride full sus and hard tails most of the time, so i was just thinking is it worth much ??
I do have the original Deore XT rear mech for the bike but not the old seat, if anyone knows what seat it would have come with please let me know.

Regards

Sedsy

Attachments

• mini-IMG_1691.JPG
    mini-IMG_1691.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 765
  • mini-IMG_1692.JPG
    mini-IMG_1692.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 764
Morning,

I have a pair of brand new Shimano Deore XT hubs, they have never seen a spoke let alone any miles.

They came with the XT groupset I bought back in 1991 for my Orange Aluminium O, but as I had a spare set of XT/M7CD wheels in the man shed the hubs were never used.

The front is a HB-M730 and the rear FH-M732, the rear includes the 7 speed hyperglide cassette (12-2:cool: that came with it.

After 20 years I expect a brand new pair of these are getting rare? Any idea's what they are worth?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Hubs_1.JPG
    Hubs_1.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 724
Re: 1991 GT Avalanche

sedsy72":gx08u6ge said:
Hi guys i have a 1991 GT Avalanche which was my first ever mountain bike back in the day, its the dark blue one with the xt stuff on and its fully rigid.
It had been in a friends garage for the last 15 odd years and has had a few things dropped on it but it still rides well, wheels are true etc etc.
I doubt i`ll really use it much as i ride full sus and hard tails most of the time, so i was just thinking is it worth much ??
I do have the original Deore XT rear mech for the bike but not the old seat, if anyone knows what seat it would have come with please let me know.

Regards

Sedsy

I'm pretty sure this is a '92 with groove tube, though I could be wrong. Also the saddle should be the GT studded one like this http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 1025b15c32
I reckon it's worth £100+ all day long, though I did see a knackered one go for £50.

Hi there,

How much can be this frame worth? I would like to buy it, but don't know how much to offer the seller.

It's in very good condition with some small scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back