Peugeot Team Festina Replica

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I did a swapsy with LGF a few weeks back and brought home the 1st road bike I've had since 1990, a Falcon Banana iirc.

HAving done 2 or 3 rides on this I have finally got the saddle set up perfectly and did 20 very comfortable miles on it this evening.

Not knowing a great deal at all about road bikes I couldn't comment on how good or bad this bike is but it seems quick and very easy to cover a fair distance on compared to the mtb on slicks that I have been riding after work for the past few months.

It has a 16 speed Campag mix groupset with Vuelta rims, Miche hubs and headset, ITM bars and stem, Vittoria Roma 22 tyres and a Rolls saddle.
Sorry about the Spd's but I don't fancy buying new shoes just so I can have proper road clipless pedals. On the lookout for some silver spuds though.

A few pics from tonights ride ;)

ABCD0020-4.jpg

ABCD0018-4.jpg

ABCD0019-3.jpg

ABCD0017-4.jpg

My daughter lives in Brough and, if I take a bike with me, I often ride up onto the Wolds and through Brantingham.

Brantingham was a stop off point for Hull Thursday Road Club on a Sunday..... Feed the ducks and have an Aztec bar from the bonk bag :)

Brough was the home of the Bucaneer.........which kept a number of the midlife family in employment building the plane to defend the UK against the Cold War menace :)

Shaun

Midlife":1ews2jae said:
Brough was the home of the Bucaneer.........which kept a number of the midlife family in employment building the plane to defend the UK against the Cold War menace :)

Shaun

Isn't there a 'stuffed' one outside the factory on a stand?

Back