BoTM Nov 2011 'Made in Taiwan Special' - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might assume a made in Taiwan month would take the standard down from the usual special months. So far on the bikes entered anything but. I'm struggling to pick a winner so far, some lovely machines.

we know they work with titanium because they do the charge Ti frames

I'm not entirely sure that Charge's Ti and steel frames are made in the same factory. Although equally I'm not entirely sure that they're not ;)

when you compare a Vit T2 (or the original Vit T) the finish is so different to anything from america, the US stuff had a higher polished finish mostly where as taiwan tended to be matt grey in finish.

The polished thing was only ever really Litespeed, wasn't it?

Anyway, if Man From Orange says Taiwan then he's probably right ;)
[/quote]

I will enter my '89 Giant Super Sierra, recent winner of 'bike of the ride' at Leith Hill! (I am still smiling about that...)

Build thread here:- http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

IMG_0321.jpg

It's a rider!!
2011_1023r60075.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg
[/img]

I'm 99% sure the '92 GT Avalanche frame was made in Taiwan. Hope i'm right. So my first ever entry to BoTM . . . :D

P1020442-1.jpg

P1020444-1.jpg

wired99":1h8pwnm3 said:
I will enter my '89 Giant Super Sierra, recent winner of 'bike of the ride' at Leith Hill! (I am still smiling about that...)

Build thread here:- http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

IMG_0321.jpg

Pleeeease take the seat pack off! Cardinal sin right there, no frivolous accessories! (pumps, seat packs, lights, bells, wheel reflectors, cassette dinner plates, thunder grips, streamers...yadda, yadda)

Nice bike BTW :)

Seat packs are quite "of the era", though :) The Giant's definitely in the spirit of the theme, I like it quite a lot.

Mossy":3oru86sg said:
I'm 99% sure the '92 GT Avalanche frame was made in Taiwan. Hope i'm right. So my first ever entry to BoTM . . . :D

Frame Built by Toyo in Japan. Do you have a little chrome sticker at the bottom of the head tube? My 92 Team Avalanche has the Made in Japan sticker at the base of the head tube and the serial umber on my Blue 92 Avalanche has the same series of serial numbers T9204 on the left side of the BB with four more digits on the right side.

I hate to say it...but some of these bikes (soooome) have ok builds on them.

I'd consider coming out of retirement for a BoTM, but I don't have frames made in Taiwan. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back