1991 Haro Extreme Comp NOS Build, Aussie Content, *Finished*

Thanks for the positive comments lads, I am pretty proud of what I achieved with my first build. :D

jonnyboy666":293bhbp6 said:
that's really cool, curious though how long is the toptube? it looks really long for the size of the frame.

impressed with the sheer amount of mint parts though.

:cool:

The top tube measures 23" centre to centre. I am 6ft and it is the perfect size for me with the 130mm stem.

michael franks":293bhbp6 said:
But you achieved the result you were after and it is a stunning build so the cost becomes less significant. How long did it take you to collect the complete 'set' of parts?

Congratulations on a great bike, absolutely beautiful. Is there anything at all you'd change on it?

It only took me about 2 months from go to whoa to collect the parts, like I said before I became pretty obsessive. The only things I would change are the cranks to 175mm instead of 170mm and I'd like black chainrings but they would have to be NOS for me to consider it. I'd also like a set of NOS Porc blackwalls instead of the reproductions but as you know they are pretty hard to come across.

Gorgeous Haro.

Trying to figure where you are from the photos - looks like you're in the south east of NSW somewhere.

I worked in a shop in Canberra for a few years beginning in '92 that stocked Apollo. I didn't miss the elevated chainstay bikes by much! One of the blokes I worked with there had a green e-stay Everest that he build up with all anodised purple parts. It looked hideous yet beautiful at the same time.

I've not seen one since then, but they must be around. Apollo (and later Raceline) are very under-rated in my opinion. The Team bikes especially.

This is a really beautiful bike there, mate. The unusual cable routing for the ubrake is cool. I think a silver H2O would look even better on your bike though.

Once again, thanks for the kind words from everyone. :D

BG":2z7sd3ed said:
Gorgeous Haro.

Trying to figure where you are from the photos - looks like you're in the south east of NSW somewhere.

I worked in a shop in Canberra for a few years beginning in '92 that stocked Apollo. I didn't miss the elevated chainstay bikes by much! One of the blokes I worked with there had a green e-stay Everest that he build up with all anodised purple parts. It looked hideous yet beautiful at the same time.

I've not seen one since then, but they must be around. Apollo (and later Raceline) are very under-rated in my opinion. The Team bikes especially.

I am just up the road from you in the Southern Highlands so you are pretty spot on with your guess - a man who knows his topography. I wish I still had my Everest but alas it has probably been melted down by now.

Back