Ritchey Plexus, 1999

poweredbypies":1w2tptuh said:
Ewwwwwww grip shift. Why wreck such a nice frame with cheap compenents :twisted:

dont be so harsh, what was good enough for Thomas Frischknechts Ritchey BITD, should also be good enough for us, dont you think so ;)

Nice looking frame. Crazy seatstays though. I wonder if the idea is that they flex and give a more comfortable ride at the back, or help the rear dig in on climbs?

poweredbypies":pjt2vowu said:
Ewwwwwww grip shift. Why wreck such a nice frame with cheap compenents :twisted:

I have gripshifts on all my bikes, thy rock and are more durabel than tiggers..

more pictures tomorrow..

I have changed the Mech an' gribshifter to XO after the critic i received in this tread :cool:
- i really can't feel any difference in shifting but the X9 that i had on before was short cage and didn't work very well one whit the 11-32 cassette i mounted the other day

stinus":mdc9otmc said:
I have changed the Mech an' gribshifter to XO after the critic i received in this tread :cool:
- i really can't feel any difference in shifting but the X9 that i had on before was short cage and didn't work very well one whit the 11-32 cassette i mounted the other day

Hi Stinus.
Nice Plexus you got there! Lovely.
I just picked up one myself today. Do you by any cahnce have some info on the difference on the plexus framesets over the years... mine seems to be older than yours. Its got a 1" steerer.

Have a look here...
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=183437

BTW: I am also from the Copenhagen arear... Så vi mødes måske i skoven en dag!

stinus":233kepvu said:
Syncros Titaniums post and Titaniums high riser is being test on now.. i think its the way to go!

Nice choice... I fitted a syncros ti post to mine too. It gave it a more forgiving ride when seated.

have you seen the call for a danish retro ride in the nordic section of this site? (or on mtb.dk)?

Back