MacKlunker - SATURDAY 5th MAY, Postponed...

Alf
Picture1one240.jpg

This is MacKlunker not readers Dugs :roll:

Nice dugs though, I like Kaisers Big Broon Dug, need a pic of that fella ;)

Was'nt going to play due to the no MTB bits rule but i think i will now for the hell of it :) , will let my sheer fitness, agility, strength and superb bike handling skills overcome any time handicap :LOL:

Bike will be a redone version of this

klunkside.jpg

Quite a lot of MTB bits, stem, rims, tyres, (A) headset, cranks etc.

Also this time it'll have gears (1x:cool:, Canti's, a slightly smaller frame, Knobbly tyres and will be black.

OK disregard the above pic as it'll be totaly different :)

I'm feeling a tactical withdrawl from this one :oops: tooo many bikes sitting waiting to be built and paid for to take on something else. Nearly sprung for a frame for the project but couldn't do it when I realised how much I'd have to spend :(

your problem is you're trying to do this right, K. The trick is to accept that a rusty 1970s £15 munter from an estate sale and a spot of 3-in-1 will do the trick.

seriously though, I've justified it as getting a useable town bike and keeping the total budget to around £100. If it survives being thrown down Innerleithen. Big if.

daaadeedeedooodaaaah

that moment of enlightenment , i have a cruiser frame exactly like mark hendrix's in my shed , what are the chances of that ?

now if i could get some skyway mags on it and some north road bars we're away :LOL:

kaiser":2m0o00bt said:
I'm feeling a tactical withdrawl from this one :oops: tooo many bikes sitting waiting to be built and paid for to take on something else. Nearly sprung for a frame for the project but couldn't do it when I realised how much I'd have to spend :(

Sort of the same feelings for me but my biggest reason for being a spectator on this one is my recent love affair with gravity and it's pain giving properties!

Kaiser, dont withdraw just get an old road bike or whatever and make it vaguely off road capable then punt it back to the skip afterward, its only for laughs :LOL:

Jimi, you cant do 8 speed cassette as thats from the mtb era, I am going to be strict with my scrutineering, its 10 seconds penalty per mtb component. If you have loads of mtb bits you'll have to ride like the wind to counter the penalties :LOL:

On the pic of your bike its got an AHeadset, AHead stem and 4 arm compact cranks so thats 30seconds right there :roll:

I've just got an obscure 3 arm cottered crank that allows me to fit whatever chainring I want so hopefully I can upgrade the twenty to higher gears. Finding a big enough ring that fits the crank will be the next headache :roll:

Back