MOTOR CHAT

Mark can I borrow yer BMeer pal Sharon Stone just phoned me shes in Edinburgh just noo and she wants me to show her the sights :shock:

Me & hurr would look good in it, BTW dinny worry I'll tell her no to go commando while shes in yer motor ;)

zigzag":x8k9ajic said:
man that polo is in cracking shape Mark, hope you can keep the tin worm away from it. how many miles on the BM? did you fix the heater?

It's pretty good body wise which is why i thought it was worth persevering with it and changing the motor, generally Polo's this age are not to bad for rust, tend to go around the fuel door (what killed my last one)

BM has 159,000 on it, mainly motorway miles i think, has a full service history, working on the heater at the moment, pretty sure it's the valve (needing stripped and cleaned/tested) and not the core.

RobMac":x8k9ajic said:
Mark can I borrow yer BMeer pal Sharon Stone just phoned me shes in Edinburgh just noo and she wants me to show her the sights :shock:

Me & hurr would look good in it, BTW dinny worry I'll tell her no to go commando while shes in yer motor ;)

Big Shazza with pants, shureley some mistake :LOL:, then again when you tell her the heater is broke she'll turn up with big fleecy tracky bottoms on.

You can borrow it anytime though but only if you get rid of that Britney Spears wumin for me, she's been pesterin the life outa me lateley :LOL:

RobMac":1rist8a4 said:
Mark can I borrow yer BMeer pal Sharon Stone just phoned me shes in Edinburgh just noo and she wants me to show her the sights

Least you could do, after all she has shown us all the sights.

Got the heater valve off the BM thismorning.

SAM_0320.jpg

The cause of the problem, totaly blocked, the result of years of coolant with no corrosion inhibitor.

SAM_0321.jpg

What a mess :roll:, was hoping to salvage it but seals are nackered and i cant get the plungers to work so whole new valve assembly i think.

SAM_0322.jpg

DSC_8219 by RichardB5, on Flickr

This is my car, a rare diesel version. Sporty.

On the plus side it's had first-time passes in all three MOTs I've put it in for (needed a windscreen for the first but I knew about that). It's dead easy to work on, and cheap for bits. Weighs less than a Mk5 Astra too, not bad going for a car whose USP was its bulk.

wowimpressive the ovlov weighs less than an astra!

jimmi, i am in love with your polo.

Been spending more money on the BMW :roll: , £200 in the last couple of weeks :oops: , read on the net somewhere though that BMW actually means Burn My Wallet :LOL:

Got the late spec clear/red tail lights to replace the faded, cracked originals.

SAM_0323.jpg

Clear front indicators.

SAM_0325.jpg

Finaly got the heater fixed, got a good used valve off E-bay, £55 delivered, better than £240 for a new one from the main dealer :shock:

SAM_0326.jpg

zigzag":1d35r32i said:
Big pimpin' Mark! Is that it sorted then?

Yeah, seems fine, stumped as to why the valve was bypassed though when it was blocked :?, i'd see the point if it was jammed in open circuit (which can happen) making the inside of the car like a furnace.

Maybe the garage that did it thought it was better to have coolant flowing ?

Seems fine now though :cool:

Back