Bowers & Wilkins

hiya

i have separates & Bose potable soundock.

i love both, but separates if bought new can get carried away with money.

the Bose sound dock ran on battery last night (6+ hours) on full volume and are very very impressive, then i plugged the mains in to recharge.

Separates are great if you keeping you set-up dedicated to the living room etc.( & they look well cool ) but remember you'll need Amp, CD player or MP3 unit at the least + speakers.

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/home-and-pe ... ic-system/

this is the amp i use , Iphone/pad set up. i use a mixture off Bose, Gale , & acoustic solution speakers. i recomend the amp.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Denon-AVR ... tem_review

All the best.

I've got a Zeppelin and it gets loads of use with the ipod. Good full sound and I preferred it over the Bose units for this reason.
The separates still get used with cd's and the turntable but the pod is very convenient

ti-fat-man":2jamg08n said:
Is it time to dump a B&W Zeppelin Air onto the card and be done with...

Do it, you will be paying my wages ;)

I've got a standard Zeppelin & the sound is amazing, the Air is a step up which was hard to believe until i heard it....

My Sister and Hubby bought one of these Bose wave units.
Very impressive sound out of it :cool: I'd have one of these myself if i could afford it.

Attachments

• bose-wave-music-system-multi-cd-changer.jpg
    bose-wave-music-system-multi-cd-changer.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,208
rc300":1t2gcut3 said:
dyna-ti":1t2gcut3 said:

Fook me..... I got one of them somewhere in the loft! :LOL:

Is it a reliable, good quality set-up, or is it, in the words of the man himself, "a bleedin' liability"? ;)

My folks had something similar for years, only with the linear tracking turntable arm (remember them?). Don't remember it having any issues but eventually it had to go with the rise of the reasonably-priced CD.

David

Got my daughter a JBL Radial (full size, not the micro version) iPod docky contraption last xmas - bloody impressive it is too - nearly had me converted, but I couldn't relinquish the four tons of metal, copper wire and "cones" sitting at end of the lounge :twisted:

All these hifi wannabe little docking stations with built in amps are a bit naff really and are just a substitute

Nothing beats a good amp and **** off great big speakers.

The iPod has very high quality DAC built in so when you use it with a proper docking station with a line out, you will have the perfect juke box.

Interesting... when we move, next year, to our new bungalow I was going to get rid of my seperates and replace them with an Ipod and quality docking station - the B&W zeppelin is the sort of thing I had in mind. Due to lack of room and keeping the floor area as clutter free as possible for Jake to trundle around if he gets an indoor electric chair. Not too bothered about absolute sound quality as who gets the chance to sit down and listen to an album these days. All my stuff gets used for is to play CDs of nursery songs and Abba.

Back