6-11-11 - Raywell to Beverley - Easy |Nr Hull (done)

and done, since I'm drinking a coffee now may as well comment :LOL:

Nice pleasant ride and the weather held out nicely.
Perfect to get you back into the swing of things and show the locals (which it turns out Very Local) some nice routes off road.

So me (on the Altitude)
Spudly on a Kona Caldera
kingoffootball on my Kona Explosif
and an On-one 29er.
set of to go find the burger van in Beverley.

of which we got kicked of and sent on our way back home.

But we've found a new place for the bikes to go, on a hook in the shower.
Perfect!

Yep, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks again for the loan of the Explosif, it rides beautifully.

I'm looking forward to the next ride, by which time I should have a less embarassing (and hopefully lighter) bike than the Alaska.

No pics ??

Good to hear all went well, I'm going to have to make my way down your way for a ride soon chaps ;)

beverley ride

i'm hoping it stayed dry for you. Saturday was a wash-out. I've been emailing and stressing all day. I will get riding again asap.

How many miles did you lot cover?

I'd brought my SLR, but stupidly forgot to charge it after bonfire night :roll: but phone cams pulled through!

383c195f.jpg

Amongst the sprouts: FluffyChicken, KingOfFootball, Spudly

Not pictured, me, because...

29fdc739.jpg

DISQUALIFIED!

Not having ridden for a while, I found it really tough going, especially the last hour when I was pedalling through sheer will. Must train more! Having said that I was surprised at how much I haven't explored out there. Will definitely be going offroad again :)

Glad you all enjoyed it and sorry I missed it, look forward to meeting all you new faces sometime very soon.
Ben did you do the same route we did last week? Was the mud a lot worse?

Why did you get kicked off the burger van?

Don't forget next Sunday is the North Lincs Rememberance ride for those of you who can make it. Might squeeze another one in my car with me and Ben if anyone wants to share the fuel and bridge costs with us ;)

Re: beverley ride

marc two tone":29acltwj said:
i'm hoping it stayed dry for you. Saturday was a wash-out. I've been emailing and stressing all day. I will get riding again asap.

How many miles did you lot cover?

just over 20 miles,
mud was pretty much the same as in the second picture posted on the first post at that spot.
Nothing difficult, but kept you awake.

The map of almost what we did, bar not going in to Beverley as the Burger Van that 'does not do chips' and 'kicks you off his chairs after you've eaten and then carried on chatting while relaxing in the sun' was open on the Westwood.
Lucky for us he did kick us off as we might still be riding :LOL:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 07#1291007

what went on with the burger van!!

i went on a local ride. thought i had lost the bungs on the pivot of the mantra so retraced my steps, found nothing.

got home and say a pic of the frame when i got it - the bungs have never been there!!

Back