shimano 600ex Adjuster for brake cable

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Spibblo":3ae0y6ki said:
that's for the rubber grommets only though, I'd need the rest of the adjuster :)

got that bottom bracket in yet?

DOH.. saw it and just thought 'he needs that!' lol .. sorry budski

and .. bb.. nope.. dilemma... ive not got the tools to remove the FAG bb thats in there now and indeed not got a pin tool or locking ring tool to install the new one... do i A.. pay my LBS (nice guy).. or B do i buy the tools?.. one of which i'll only ever need the once?....

day 8 in the 'bb' house (get it?? huh huh 'bb' :D ).. you decide lol

been pondering this since it arrived (in between shifts that is lol)

Dilemma indeed.

Getting the old one out can be hard, the cup on the non drive side is installed really tight, so I recall, couple that with the centuries it's been in there. It could be tasty, mate.

I would take it to LBS get them to remove and install, but buy a pin spanner while you're there. As I'm sure you know, you will be using that on occasion to keep it adjusted and for stripping the bb for a re-grease. You only need take out that one side for this and it's pretty straight forward. You can get away with a punch/drift/large flat screwdriver for the lockring, ooh I'm rough.

Spibblo":9oftulz8 said:
Dilemma indeed.

Getting the old one out can be hard, the cup on the non drive side is installed really tight, so I recall, couple that with the centuries it's been in there. It could be tasty, mate.

i fear it,,,its a FAG bb with the old plastic type cups similar to skf and campag bb's from back the the day. up side is.. dad fitted it..will have been plenty of grease used and so far everything else on the bike was very easy to remove ;)

Spibblo":9oftulz8 said:
punch/drift/large flat screwdriver for the lockring, ooh I'm rough.

yeah ive sourced a new one!! pmsl :D ;), locking ring that is lol..

think i'm gonna buy the tools and hopefully i'll be able to sell the old bb and tool to get that tools money back...

Back