SDW 2012 Now with date added! p5

Just a thought, there's a 4 day Bank Holiday weekend in early June - the late May BH and the Queens summat or other.

Scheduling the ride either side of a BH or weekend would mean travelling wouldn't have to be done in the week.

I don't know how long it'll take you guys to get from Brighton(ish) to Winchester - but if we travelled on a Sun and started on a Mon?

Be good to see you again.

My only reservation about joining you is that I have said about riding the sdw with mr Webb of singular cycles

3647589169_f4c81295fe.jpg

So it wouldn't be gentlemanly to go off and ride it with someone else!

I'm sure he won't mind though...

Carge":1tu7jdgy said:
Just a thought, there's a 4 day Bank Holiday weekend in early June - the late May BH and the Queens summat or other.

Scheduling the ride either side of a BH or weekend would mean travelling wouldn't have to be done in the week.

I don't know how long it'll take you guys to get from Brighton(ish) to Winchester - but if we travelled on a Sun and started on a Mon?

Not a bad idea, but the crowds on the downs on a BH monday might be problematic. :(

Although we could travel on the monday?

warpedboy2":3rv3az6q said:
Although we could travel on the monday?

That was the idea - travel Sun - ride Mon, tues
or travel BHMon - ride tues, wed

Carge":m5nexody said:

That Bank Holiday is likely to be the weekend that the Argus Appeal challenge takes place (although as yet its not confirmed dates for 2012). Doing it just after then could either be really good, or a poor choice, if the trail was badly chewed due to it being wet.

Travel from Brighton is a few hours by car or train, so not really a problem. I do think that if people can assemble the night before, we don't have problems contacting and waiting for possible attendee's if we go for an early start.

Just seen this. I might be up for this depending on my fitness levels, as its quite a long haul!

Back