SDW 2012 Now with date added! p5

Uncle Monty":2acwogga said:
Summer Solstice 2012. Wednesday 20th - Thursday 21st June. You can even get up for sunrise at 05:14 - If you're a nutter that is....

Thats the usual mountain mayhem date, I am also getting married August 11!! :LOL:

daj":93lawa7e said:
Uncle Monty":93lawa7e said:
Summer Solstice 2012. Wednesday 20th - Thursday 21st June. You can even get up for sunrise at 05:14 - If you're a nutter that is....

Thats the usual mountain mayhem date, I am also getting married August 11!! :LOL:

Don't worry she'll wait

Accom in Amberley?
I stayed at a place there a few years back - quite secure for bikes - had a big castle wall all round, drawbridge etc.
Not sure they had any bike washing facilities though :(

DA-EVO has PM'd me some excellent ideas (thanks matey)-

Stay in Winchester the night before, so we can set off early, and not have to wait for late-comers.

Stay in Arundel as there are more B+Bs/Resturaunts?pubs (And pubs = beer).

In regards to carrying stuff, how much are you going to need? Change of gear, and t-shirt + jeans for the pub, and spares tools.

Getting back on the train seems to be the easist option. I can put two people up in Hove if needed?

I would like to be involved - it would be nice to be riding it, but if not I can almost certainly provide some sort of support in the form of my palatial parents gaff in Storrington (a few miles east of Amberley) for possible accommodation of people and/or bikes (securely i.e. big double garage)....

SDW is on the list of things to do for me, (since I was about 14!) we'll see how it goes!!!

rosstheboss":3rb8ce46 said:
I would like to be involved - it would be nice to be riding it, but if not I can almost certainly provide some sort of support in the form of my palatial parents gaff in Storrington (a few miles east of Amberley) for possible accommodation of people and/or bikes (securely i.e. big double garage)....

SDW is on the list of things to do for me, (since I was about 14!) we'll see how it goes!!!

Brilliant! Although won't your parents be upset when a bunch of sweaty mountainbikers turn up lowering the tone of the neighbourhood? :LOL:

Back