pace rc100 finally finished.

new tyres.

i now have the tyres to go with the build, very happy.
thanks for tip on the panaracer tyres.
all i need now is the rims and hubs to build the wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_4457.JPG
    IMG_4457.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 922
  • IMG_4458.JPG
    IMG_4458.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 922
ok thanks to this site i've now sourced some onza bar ends, and an xc pro seatpost. just need an xc pro rear mech, and eventually an xc pro front mech, but i have a nos xce front mech for when i build it up,
this bike may not be in the same league as some other period correct rc100's. but i'll basically have my first dream mountain bike.
just trying to get the funds for the respray.
but this will make an amazing christmas present.

i have already sourced a pair of mavic 231 rims, and a pair nos xc pro hubs. but i dont know yet if the hubs are 32 or 36 hole.
i do have a spare set of wheels which i will be using for dirty conditions.
they are mavic xm817 rims, on a red ti glide rear hub, and a pace carbon front hub.

i have just received an xc pro seatpost, which was great til i tried to fit the seatpost, most people say that a 27.0 seatpost will fit an rc100, but the one i removed was 26.8mm
so i am stuck with a seatpost which i can not use,
basically i am looking to swap the 27.0 xc pro seatpost for a 26.8mm xc pro seatpost.
the seatpost is a nos one.

just got this today, but i've also just ordered a nos xc pro short caged rear mech.
which should i use ?
i like the short cage look but for the build which would be more suitable. or is it just a case of use which ever ?
i will also be getting the frame sent off to paint this week, i'd really like to take it personally, but 320 mile round trip just isn't practical.
still after a 26.8mm xc pro seast post. can swap for a 27.0mm xc pro seat post.

Attachments

• IMG_4505.JPG
    IMG_4505.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,037
videojetman":18cifdqy said:
just got this today, but i've also just ordered a nos xc pro short caged rear mech.
which should i use ?
i like the short cage look but for the build which would be more suitable. or is it just a case of use which ever ?
i will also be getting the frame sent off to paint this week, i'd really like to take it personally, but 320 mile round trip just isn't practical.
still after a 26.8mm xc pro seast post. can swap for a 27.0mm xc pro seat post.

Checking in for updates and comparing notes! :D

Good to see your progress on this one vjm, downer with the paintwork situation though but like you say, it's a lesson learnt. A bike like this surely justifies a top-notch respray.

This week I have mostly.... :LOL:
1) Completely stripped my RC100 down to it's bare bones. Bagged and catalogued everything as I went. Now cleaning components up bit by bit. Nitromors next to try and get rid of the thick powdercoat and make sandblasting a bit easier.

2) Sandblasted RC30 legs, Bullseyes and stem ready for etch primer.

3) Got frustrated with the hose guides. Came off in one piece except the 'pegs' that hold these in place to the frame. Managed to extract some of them for reference but those that were stuck are now rattling around in the top tube! - and there's no internal opening where the headtube and seatube join :? There's also some in there too from when it had been previously stripped and powdercoated....I could here them moving about before I removed the line guides.

Soon as I get some pics, I'll start my own build thread ( and for you Rich! :LOL: ) to show some progress.

My Seatpost is 27.0mm btw.

Cheers,
boy" :cool: "boy

the bike has now gone to argos for respray, so i'll have to twiddle my thumbs for the next few weeks, but it will be worth it in the end.
jus a question for you boy o boy. are you doing it period correct?
and are you spraying it yourself ?
thing is i can not understand why this 27.0 seat post wont go in, may be i need to file the inside of the seat tube slightly. my next issue is with the wheels, i have a set of nos xc pro hubs coming which are 36 holes, and i have a set of mavic 231 rims which are 32 holes,
i might be on the look out for some 32 hole pace hubs soon,
looking forward to seeing the end result of mine and boy o boy's efforts.

videojetman":12dwe3gz said:
jus a question for you boy o boy. are you doing it period correct?
and are you spraying it yourself ?

Yep. Period correct resto for me. :cool: Mine is a RC 100S model so i'm using the Oct '90 MBUK article with Zak Tempest testing this and a Fat Chance in Norway. Same pic is on Rich's web site. http://retro-pace-mtb.wetpaint.com/

Respraying the frame at work. Metallic silver/grey will be matched to fork crown when it's back from anodising. Chosen a yellow metallic rather than fluro for my fork legs/ Bullseyes/Stem.

Just need to get some pics up in the next few days.

Cheers
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• GW548H399.jpg
    GW548H399.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 969
  • GW524H393.jpg
    GW524H393.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 970
Back