Web_10.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 2,982
  • Web_11.jpg
    Web_11.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 2,982
  • Web_12.jpg
    Web_12.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 2,982
So, all being well that I get a confirmed response from Gios that they recognise it as being legitimate, I'll go ahead this year with the respray. From what I can see these Guys seem to be the leaders by recommendation:

C& G in Liverpool - Found a link to them on Classic Lightweights & they have the Gios Blue already in house.
Chris Keighley as sold by 'Old Ned'
Atlantic Boulevard - Pricey but seems you get what you pay for
Graphishack - Looks good from what I can see
Argos (mixed reviews)
Bob Jackson (Mixed reviews)

I found a link that mentioned getting a red primer coated first then a particular paint code which will give Gios Blue of this era. As the modern ones I remember looking at were much brighter?...Not sure if there is a dedicated colour to the 1979-1981 period?

Decals I think I'm going with the Guy in OZ. He has them & the Columbus Seat Tube decal. All finished with a clearcoat. I'm going to need a new Headbadge & new Chainstay vinyl protector. If I can't source anything, I'm going to look at getting some made. I can do the artwork and just need to price for the SilkScreen on the Headbadge. If I went this route, I may try & ask for others to jump on the order?...

The seat Tube Bolt is a Miche, which I think I'll change for Campag. Campag Screw adjusters on the dropouts and then a Super Record build. But that won't be happening anytime soon...

Any Input from Gios owners would be appreciated. I'm looking at Ray Dobbins' version for much inspiration...

Just received this from Gios...

Dear Sir
It is a Gios Torino Super Record from 80 81 or 82. Silver coins are correct.
I hope you would give it a nice restoration!
Regards
Marco Gios

I can personally recommend Atlantic Boulevard.

They did my Peugeot PY10 and my Dave Lloyd 'Tiny'

Neil turns out great work... happen to know one of his favourite frames is the Gios.

No need to go to Aus for your decals..... he produces first rate sets too

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/World-Bicycle- ... 1074006996

Attachments

• CIMG7639.JPG
    CIMG7639.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,610
  • CIMG7675.JPG
    CIMG7675.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,610
  • CIMG7671.JPG
    CIMG7671.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,610
  • Drive.JPG
    Drive.JPG
    353.7 KB · Views: 1,610
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cheers Toomski! I shall be making contact with a few and getting a feel for how they come across. Enthusiasm from the painter HAS to be a priority if I'm going to spend the kind of money I will be looking at...I shall give him a call soon. (Good heads up on his Gios affection)

I saw your Peugeot thread, that is a superb job!!! Totally understated in looks (which I really like!) but delivers an outstanding finished build. Just looks so right. Really liking the Lloyd too!!

I was surprised at how light it was too. The forks especially. Should build to a nice weight once done...I'll have to weigh it now, as I'm getting all Picky!...

Back