PROjeKt FunK PRO Comp

Yep loving this and the old pic's, your funk was probably worth more than half the cars at that race meet except your 5 series that is!

Can't wait to see this finished and would love to see those pics too pete!

:cool: :D

Been very busy last couple of months with a garage extension at home so not much Funk searching/building at all. Have bought a few additions to the bike family though!

I have had a result with the missing Campag crown cup, I looked in my Dads loft on Sunday and found the fork I mentioned earlier in the thread with a crown cup fitted which must be the last part of the Centaur headset. I just need to clean it and fit up the rest of the set to make sure it is the original part, that was mine, from 91!

I also got hold of my own original Rock Shox 1s from my friend I sold them to many moons ago, as seen in my old race pics in this thread. They are proper neglected though and need some attention and a full service, another job for some other time.

love it! I had a purple Funk Comp and I can tell you they climb like a dream.

Used to race mine for a bike shop in Nottingham called Sshokwave and had great fun on it - pity I broke it :(

can't wait to see photos - good luck

Looking forward to this build...I'm sure I posted a pic of a lime green Funk with Campag Centaur on here a while ago...pic from Mountain Biker Magazine of a 1990/1991 Nemba race...it looked ace...

Great old skool photos by the way...you were a lucky lad eh!!!! :)

Rich

andypasher":1vwt5pg4 said:

Used to race mine for a bike shop in Nottingham called Sshokwave and had great fun on it - pity I broke it :(

Like my purple?

Great old skool photos by the way...you were a lucky lad eh!!!!

Cheers for all comments, all self funded BITD, paper rounds, stacking shelves, working in a shoe shop on saturdays, 5 paper rounds on a Sunday and never having any money as I always had to hand it over to parents to pay off my outstanding balance on their credit card for my latest bike purchases!

If it taught me one thing, I don't like owing money and have never had a credit card myself. If you don't have the cash saved, you can't afford it yet. I wonder if the financial state of the UK/world would be any different if more people operated alongside that principle!, who knows.

ez054098":36c3y2vl said:
andypasher":36c3y2vl said:

Like my purple?

yep - sweeeeeet! just makes me want to sing "purple rain" :LOL:

andypasher":39z7n9sf said:
ez054098":39z7n9sf said:
andypasher":39z7n9sf said:

Like my purple?

yep - sweeeeeet! just makes me want to sing "purple rain" :LOL:

Great, now I can't get Prince out of my head. ;)

Back