Great big Singlespeed thread!

97 frame but modern bits.

018-3.jpg

021-6.jpg

Inspiring thread, let me add mine in the mix

My first SS was a 29er: Singular Swift in Badass Black:
ZSnow1.JPG

I converted my Sinister Ridge to ride with my son and his SS BMX.
Urban11_008.jpg

The Swift went and the Curtlo came instead
p4pb6049249.jpg

By now I had the bug proper and I splashed out on a dedicated SS 26" Indy Fab:
IF_Deluxe_SS_011s.JPG

Next build is gathering momentum in the shed, but not ready to shre .... yet

Curtlo_022.jpg

Enjoy!!

I bought this Kilauea as a broken frame sometime in the late 90s, had a few incarnations since then. A bit disappointed that white Konas have become something of a cliche, but this one was white (ish) originally ;)

(and yes, I've tensioned the chain since then :) )

IbocProSX":2qupol87 said:
By now I had the bug proper and I splashed out on a dedicated SS 26" Indy Fab:
IF_Deluxe_SS_011s.JPG

Loving this bike, this is top of my list , will go nicely with my Wicked Fat Single Speed

Guys question about rear hubs as I am going to build myself SS frame sometime soon ,are they converted or bought as ?
Whats the best mid budget wheels to buy off the shelf ?

Cheers Andy

Andy,

You can do either. Buy a single speed specific wheel like Chris King, or use any wheel with cassette capability and instead of a cassette you fit a cheap single speed conversion kit. A great and cost effective way if you have spare wheels kicking around!

neebsta":252rc1jm said:
Andy,

You can do either. Buy a single speed specific wheel like Chris King, or use any wheel with cassette capability and instead of a cassette you fit a cheap single speed conversion kit. A great and cost effective way if you have spare wheels kicking around!
thanks what wheel set from here ,mid range ? http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mtb/wheels/

Back