The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, didn't expect such helpful replies, thank you so much Dave, Coomber and Lowe! :D

lewis1641":2zfi44w9 said:
hi welcome to the site. as far as i am concerned a bike like this is in a bit of a no man's land. not really old enough to be desired, and sadly not the best name (it matters to some) and equally too old to be considered new. the good think is that this is the sort of era to get really cheap bikes!

persionally i think 150 is a bit much - search for used bikes on ebay and you will see better going for less. having said that if it has been looked after and it is an easy purchase it might be worth it.

if i had 150 to spend though i would scour ebay and get something older with a bit more charm, but that might not be your thing!

good luck, dave

coomber":2zfi44w9 said:
As above, the newer models can be had second hand for around that amount, and this is quite a basic older model. I'd guess late 90s. I think a more realistic price would be half that, as advised above, scour local gumtree, here or ebay and you can get a much better deal for 150 notes.

lowe1677":2zfi44w9 said:
its a 2002 carrera fury i have one which is upgraded with disc brakes and 16 spoke shimano wheels,not to bad for a first bike, built to last and not real heavy,try to knock the price down alittle.

Thanks Lowe for a definitive identification!

Seeing as the general consensus is that it's a little overpriced I think I'll pass on the bike... It didn't seem like he was interested in negotiating the price - plus I would've had to spend at least £20-£30 just to travel down to get the bike! (Student so transport limited to trains/buses/a borrowed bike.. :p) I'll keep looking on eBay and Gumtree. I guess I'm in abit of a rush because I want to get more cycling done before the snow comes in.. can you see where I'm coming from? :p

Having a look at a 2002 Specialized Rockhopper Pro with disc brakes fitted now, asking for £140. Seems like a keen cyclist so I've no doubt that he would've taken good care of it!

HELP on various bike parts

Hi

Can anyone tell me the rough value of any of this gear on the second hand Market and if any of it is sort after? No idea! Thanks for your help:

Spinergy Rev X Roks carbon wheel set
WTB Veloci Raptor tires.
Sram ESP 9.0SL Shifters.
Sram ESP 9.0 SL Derailer.
Coda 502M cranks.
Thomson Elite seat post.
Wellgo pedals.

Klein attitude half 93

19" frame in hlf. Rock shod mag21 forks mc1. Has various scrapes and chips. No dents. Used but not abused. Any idea on valuation? Frame and forks only.

Newbie thinking of selling my Saracen Havoc unsure of value?

Hi all, hows it going?
Just signed up as *thinking* of selling my beloved Saracen Havoc for a newer bike but can't find any info on it whatsoever - or anyone else selling one either as its about 14 years old if my maths are correct!
Figured that someone on here would have an idea of what its worth in its current setup.

I've had it from new (bought from john lewis when they sold them) and has always been well looked after and regularly serviced. I have also upgraded the brakes, wheels, and a few other bits since - the spec I know is below:

Frame: Saracen Powder Coated Y-Frame with Shock Works Coil Shock ~3.5" travel (dark blue frame/yellow rear triangle)

Fork: Yellow RST 281 ~2.5" Travel

Rear Mech: Shimano Acera-X

Front Mech: Shimano Acera-X

Brake Levers/Shifters: Shimano Alloy V-Brake Levers with integrated Shimano EZ Fire 7x3 rapid fire shifters (21 speed)

Front Brake (upgraded): Shimano Deore LX V-Brake with coated cables

Rear Brake (upgraded): Shimano Deore LX V-Brake with coated cables

Wheels (upgraded): Mavic D521 SUP Double Wall Rims with DT double butted stainless spokes & kevlar rim tape

Hubs: Quick release Shimano off road hubs

Tyres (upgraded): Panaracer Dart Front and WTB Velociraptor Rear with Specialized self-sealing inner tubes

Chainset: Saracen Alloy Cranks/Rings

Headset: GeForce A-Headset

Stem: Saracen Yellow Powder Coated front loading A-Head

Handle Bars: Saracen low rise bars with removable brace

Saddle: Ritchey with yellow Kevlar corners

Seat Post: Saracen Alloy Micro Adjust

Pedals (upgraded): Red anodised alloy pedals with ultra smooth bearings (the only reason I bought red pedals as the bearings were so smooth!)

Grips (upgraded): MaxPro yellow with forward facing knobs on the ends

Computer: CatEye Cordless 2 with stem mount (needs battery)

Mud Guards: Black Front & Rear Crud Catcher/Crud Race Guard

The only things that need sorting on it are that the forks could do with a service (they work fine but aren't as smooth as they should be/used to be) and the computer and wheel sensor need batteries as they are both dead. There are also a couple of spots of rust on the headset and on a couple of the bolts etc. but nothing major at all and nothing on the major components but want to be as accurate as possible.

It has been in my shed for the best part of 5 years (cleaned and oiled before I stored it) and I recently got it out, cleaned it and re-oiled it all and apart from the forks everything seems spot on. I only did about 10 miles on it as wanted to get it professionally serviced before pushing it too hard but now I fancy something a bit different so here I am!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• A.JPG
    A.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 1,003
Hi chap, theres no nice way to say this, even as a Saracen fan myself, but the Saracen Havoc was a low end bike, when Saracen were going through their leanest spell. One went on ebay recently for £55 which I think is actually a decent price for it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Team-Saracen- ... 2568b29517

It has low end parts, isnt and isnt regarded as retro. If you can get £40 for it I'd sell it.

And if it is beloved like you say, for that price, keep it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ooops. Right, 90% of those parts are worth next to nothing, so splitting itsnt going to do much, but if those D521 wheels are decent, those and the tyres will get you £50-60.

Hope that helps.

crud":1nnsjixj said:
nos USE seatpost and flat bars in anodised red?

Cheers

Usually go for what, £20 used so NOS say £40? Seatpost probably £45 (or a few quid more then the bar anyway).

coomber":2q34ilsc said:
Ooops. Right, 90% of those parts are worth next to nothing, so splitting itsnt going to do much, but if those D521 wheels are decent, those and the tyres will get you £50-60.

Hope that helps.

Agreed the value of that bile is in the wheels. Sell those on say 50 quid, a tenner for the lx brakes then stick the est bin eBay. Might get 10 or 15 quid four the frame and bits together.

Shame really as you have obviously loced the bile at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back